2nd Trimester
Options

I'm scared to have another boy...

because I'm afraid my family will be disappointed. My brother and his wife has one son, and they are done. My sister and her husband have two boys, and they are done. We have two boys already and, obviously, don't know what we're having yet. This will be our last child.

I know my mom really wants a grand daughter, and my sisters would love to have a baby girl around, too. I really thought I wanted a girl, too, but have realized that it's more because I don't want the family to be bummed. I know they will love a boy just as much, and would never treat him differently...I just know this is the last chance.

I really hate the wait.

Re: I'm scared to have another boy...

• Options
    My mom was a little disappointed that we're not having a girl (this is probably my last pg), but she knows (and I know) that she'll love a little boy just as much.  I'm her only bio-child, but she still has my s-sis (who'll be years off from having kids).
  • Options

I'm sorry for you, I know this can be hard. You shouldn't have to feel bad for what they want, if they want a girl they can have more kids, it's not your responsibility. On the bright side if you have a boy you probably have stuff for him from your other two.

I dont know if it works or not but I saw walgreens has a gender predict thing that works from your urine right away. I don't know if it is accurate or not but if you don't want the wait you could check it out!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesmhalberstadt:

I'm sorry for you, I know this can be hard. You shouldn't have to feel bad for what they want, if they want a girl they can have more kids, it's not your responsibility. On the bright side if you have a boy you probably have stuff for him from your other two.

I dont know if it works or not but I saw walgreens has a gender predict thing that works from your urine right away. I don't know if it is accurate or not but if you don't want the wait you could check it out!!

GL to you. I had wanted a girl this time but am now excited to have a boy again. I just tell anyone who asks, "We like our boys. We don't know how to make girls anyway" Stick out tongue

And I agree with this PP, don't feel that pressure on you. The responsibility isn't yours.

• Options

I understand the pressure you feel to have a girl....my DH's brothers have 2 boys each and they are done having kids - so we are the last hope, and they've been asking us to give them a granddaughter since before we were even married.... We had our U/S 3 weeks ago and are having a Boy!!  I am so excited and  I don't give a crap what my in-laws wanted...It's like I tell my kindergarteners - you get what you get and you don't get upset.  I'd tell your family to get over their wishing for a girl or they might miss all the wonderful things this baby can be...

• Options
    my hubby has a girl, his sis has a girl and his bro has a girl, i was thaught i was going to be very disappointed if it was a girl but after i found out i realized i wanted a boy bcos thats what they wanted and i could care less now. she is my baby and i love her all the same even though hubby blank out said he was dissapointed, like i could creat a baby boy. dont let their disappointment rob u of what will probably be your last pregnancy.enjoy!!!
  • Options
    We are welcoming Baby Boy#4!! So I know how you feel.Everyone in my family has sounded a bit disappointed when they heard the news.But quickly got over it! Good Luck! Smile
  • Options
    My grandmother in fact said "Oh I really wanted a little girl - but I guess I'll take another boy"  .....AS IF I COULD SEND HIM BACK & TRADE HIM IN!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"