Washington Babies

My pregnancy update (long):

After an uneventful and enjoyable preganancy, it has been a busy 35/36th week of my  pregnancy,

Wednesday, July 22, 2009
I had my 34 week appointment with the midwives. They found that my blood pressure was fairly high during this appointment, so they had me go to the lab to draw blood and run some additional tests because high blood pressure is a sign of preeclampsia. The tests didn't show any additional warning signs, so they decided see me at my next appointment next week.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009
DH and I went to the midwives clinic for a regular check-up and to go over our birth plan. While we were there, they found that my blood pressure was pretty high again, so they sent us down to the triage area at the Evergreen Family Maternity Center. They took my blood pressure every 10 minutes, attached a fetal heart monitor, and also did some more blood work. My blood pressure dropped and stabilized while I was lying down, and they didn't see any other indicators in my blood work, and Zach's heart beat was strong, so they sent us home and had me start modified bed rest, and also had me start a 24 hour urine test. They scheduled a follow-up ultrasound and appointment on Thursday, and asked me to check her blood pressure again on Wednesday to see how things were going.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009
I went back to Evergreen to drop off the jug for her 24 hour urine test, and the midwives checked her blood pressure again. It turned out to be high again, so they sent me back to triage. DH had taken the bus to work, so he caught a ride to Evergreen and joined me later.  The midwives consulted with the doctors and decided to admit me for 24 hour observation because they were very concerned about preclampsia. I was given an IV of fluids and magnesium sulfate to control blood pressure, and had a fetal heart monitor attached, and we moved into a room. DH went home to grab some clothes, Netflix movies, books, laptops, etc, then picked up a pizza for a dinner and came back to stay the night. This day was the hottest day in Seattle history (103 degrees!), so it was nice to have some air conditionining. However, due to the magnesium sulfate, the nurses had to come in hourly to check my blood pressure & vitals, which made it a bit of a rough night overall.

Thursday, July 30, 2009
I remained on magnesium sulfate and the fetal monitor. We had an ultrasound in the triage area in the morning, and Zach looked happy, healthy and normal for his age. We were told that the midwives and doctors would evaluate my status and decide in the afternoon whether to proceed with an inducement immediately or continue with bed rest. In the early evening, the doctor stopped by and said that they wanted to try to give Zach a chance to get to 37 weeks in utero (which will happen around August 6th), so they decided to keep me in the hospital for observation for the time being. The tentative plan is to do another ultrasound on Monday, then an amniocentesis on Wednesday to check Zach's lung development, then we'll figure out the exact schedule from there. We had a more restful night since we had a better idea what was in store for us the next few days, but we still had to wake up hourly for blood pressure checks.

Friday, July 31, 2009
I was able to disconnect from the IV this morning and only has to attach the fetal monitor for an hour at a time, 3 times a day. At this point, it looks like I won't be leaving Evergreen until after Zach arrives. This weekend, DH is going to be running some errands and getting things prepared for when Zach comes home.

My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image

Re: My pregnancy update (long):

• Wow, what an eventful week!! ?I'm glad things have stabilized, and on the upside - a/c is a great perk right now! ?I'll keep you guys in my thoughts for an uneventful next week or so until your little man gets here!
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My goodness, what a week you have had!  Sending good vibes your way that your little one keeps baking for a while longer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! sounds like a really crazy week!  It sounds like you in great hands and they are doing what is best for all of you!  Good luck to you!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Wow! I hope Zach can grown a little more before he makes his appearance. Hang in there!
  • Wow you have been through a lot this week.  It sounds like they are keeping your closely monitored.  Good luck with everything.  I will keep you in my thoughts!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KNemoKNemo member
    I hope little Zach hangs in there for a while longer. Sounds like quite the ordeal. Hang in there Mama! everything will work out.
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Wow, that is a long week! You seem like you are taking it all very well tho, and so is your baby! Keep us updated, I hope it keeps going smoothly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh wow Kim!  I hope you're doing ok... I'm glad Zach is doing well - bake, baby bake!  Good luck this week, can't wait to see pictures of your lil man!
  • WOW, what a ride for you!

How high is your BP for them to be so concerned?  Had it been on the high sie for the duration of the PG'y?

I was on BP meds while PG with Audrey starting at 13 weeks.  I got monthly u/s's the whole time and 2x weekly non stress tests my last 8 weeks. 

hang in there and I hope you get to come home for a bit before he does make his grand appearance!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That's a very eventful week! Thanks for the update. I hope that everything moves along quickly so you don't have to spend much time at the hospital.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad they're keeping an eye on you!   I hope things go well and you meet your healthy little man soon!
  • Thanks for the update - I've been thinking about you since you posted on facebook earlier in the week.  Glad they are on top of things and watching closely.

Good luck with everything!

Theresa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Wow! That's one heck of a week.  Hopefully everything goes well and you get to meet your little boy soon.  August 6th isn't very far away!

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"