2nd Trimester

Aaaahhh My Tooth Broke =(

Anyone else having dental problems since being pregnant?

I have no idea what happened, I was chewing gum and I felt something hard, and realized part of my tooth was in my mouth! I don't know for sure if it was my tooth or a filing since the filings are white now.

Bah..Hopefully the dentist can get me in ASAP, I'd hate to get a infection in it =(

Re: Aaaahhh My Tooth Broke =(

• no i haven't had any issues but i have been paranoid about that happening, so i have been brushing and flossing all the time and I  made sure i saw my dentist at 14 weeks and i have another appointment in a month

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• I guess I missed the boat about dental hygiene needing to be kicked up a notch during pregnancy. I just got pregnancy gingivitis and it is AWFUL. I can't eat or drink or swallow and my gums are all puffy and bloody and sore. I was brushing my teeth just like I always have (and I have nice teeth!) and it wasn't enough-- now I'm on "super teeth care" trying to get rid of it. Peroxide rinses, Listerine rinses, flossing, and brushing like 5 times a day. UGH!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagealatchaw:
    I guess I missed the boat about dental hygiene needing to be kicked up a notch during pregnancy. I just got pregnancy gingivitis and it is AWFUL. I can't eat or drink or swallow and my gums are all puffy and bloody and sore. I was brushing my teeth just like I always have (and I have nice teeth!) and it wasn't enough-- now I'm on "super teeth care" trying to get rid of it. Peroxide rinses, Listerine rinses, flossing, and brushing like 5 times a day. UGH!

Aaawww...my broken tooth isn't so bad anymore. I'm sorry to hear that!

• Yikes. I'm super paranoid about my gums. I have receding spots in four places where I over brushed them and as soon as I found out I was prego, I made DH break down and get an OralB triumph that let's me know when I use too much pressure. Freaking love that toothbrush.
  • Ugh that sucks!!! I hope you can get it fixed soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"