Trying to Get Pregnant

Should I call?

I've been off bcp since March and my DH and I began trying in late May.  I have chosen not to chart at this point and just see what happens for now.  Based on my cycle length alone, I was supposed to ovulate between July 4 and the 10th.  I used an OPK with no positive result.  I was expecting my period on the 24th, but have yet to get it. I 've taken three pregnancy tests all with BFNs.  I still have not gotten my period.  Is this something I should call my MD about?  Should I continue to wait and see?  Thanks!

Re: Should I call?

• Don't call yet!  It's likely you ovulated later than expected or not at all!  Just wait it out.  If it drives you crazy, look into charting next cycle.
  • It can take up to a year or more to get your cycle back to "normal" so this may just be part of your body adjusting to going off BCP.  It's up to you to head to the Dr or see what happens.  It wouldn't hurt to start charting too though, that way you'd have a better idea of what's going on with your cycle.  GL!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesulfababy:
    Don't call yet!  It's likely you ovulated later than expected or not at all!  Just wait it out.  If it drives you crazy, look into charting next cycle.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cycle lengths (among other things) vary... Wait it out.
    BFP July 11, 2009 ~ C/P July 15, 2009
    BFP 11/25/2009 ~ Blighted Ovum Discovered 12/10/2009 ~ Natural M/C 12/24/2009
    BFP 3/29/2010 ~ EDD 11/25/2010

Sawyer Marshall ~ November 16, 2010
  • I would start charting before you call your doctor.
  • imagekdodge423:

imageMrs.Lucan:
    I would start charting before you call your doctor.

Seriously? That is the worst possible advice. What if she doesn't get her period before 60 days? Starting charting now would be stupid, and if things are messed up, she may not get a period without going to a doctor. 

Wow, I don't think it's the worst possible advice, but I do see your point now that I think about it. OP, she's right, if you don't get your period charting is totally pointless. I was thinking see your doctor anyway at the 60 day mark, I should have said that.

Thanks kdodge, only my 3rd cycle charting. :)

• 1. You can't judge ovulation by cycle length.

2. I was off BCP for 3 months w/o AF.  Doctor told me to wait that long and then I went in and got pills to start AF again.  Sometimes it takes a while... Just be patient.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies!  Still waiting for AF.  I've had sore breasts for 2 weeks but 3 BFNs.  Just feeling like I want my period to get it over already!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"