2nd Trimester
Options

Getting in shape

I was more overweight then I would have liked to have been when I got pregnant. I figure since I really am eating healthy when I am hungry,(still not liking food) and feeling pretty good ,now would be a good time to get back into shape. I figure it can only help me in the delivery department anyway.

I want to start tonning my arms and legs and strengthening  my core. What types of things have you heard that are no no's while pregnant. What is the deal with crunches? Some say its ok others say no way.

( I have only gained 4 pounds so please dont think im really looking  to lose weight lol) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting in shape

• Options
    Water aerobics is really good for you.
  • Options
    They have prenatal pilates and prenatal yoga tapes that you can do at home. As for weights, ask your doctor on the pound limit. From what I hear crunches are a no no during pregnancy because you don't want to be laying flat on your back. Good luck in your workoutsBig Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yoga, it's by far the best. Especially when pregnant. There are tons of prenatal dvd's out there so you can do it at home.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No need to do crunches -- just lift weights while holding in your core and it will strengthen up nicely. Crunches at 20 weeks will be ineffective and could end up stretching your muscles in unnatural ways. Core training is best.
  • Options
    My doctor told me not to lift any weights with my legs and to not lift more than 40 pounds total with my arms. She also told me to keep my heart rate under 140. Good luck!
  • Options
    I don't know about weights, but my dr also told me to keep my heartrate below 140.  I've been doing a lot of walking and working out lightly on the elliptical. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"