Austin Babies

Well, we made it for 44 days...

...before my MIL threatened to change her ticket and go back home early. As much as I want to tell her, "Okay then!  Let me help you pack!," I'm sucking it up, patting her on the back, and reassuring her that everything is ok.  UGH!!  I hate this!  The woman is a spoiled child who should have had a swift kick in the pants a long time ago!

17 more days, 17 more days, 17 more days...

ETA:  She's upstairs in her room right now.  POUTING.  She literally just told DH, "I didn't do anything wrong."  Honestly!  The woman is 63 years old and acts like a freaking tantrum-throwing child! 

Sorry, ladies.  I've managed to hold all the frustration in until now, but I might just explode.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Well, we made it for 44 days...

• Wow, you are a saint! I'm sorry this is so stressful and I hope the next 17 days fly by!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• I shake my fist at her for you!
    Business Cat. image
  • Loading the player...
  • let it out!

I'd never make it with my mom around for 17 days let alone 44. you rock!

• wait, WAIT.  WHY is my mother at your house?!

Kidding, but I definitely know how you feel.  Let her have her pout and she'll come to realize what a child she is being.  It's amazing how their attitude can change at the drop of a hat when you tell her she won't be able to see her grandchilden when she acts like that. 

I hope the next 17 days goes more smoothly.

• You seriously deserve a medal.  I couldn't have lasted this long.  Hang in there!! 
  • The finish line is right there.  You can do it!
    imageimage
  • mcgeemcgee member

Well, if she wants to leave early, let her go. I don't think I could bring myself to convince her to stay, especially if she's behaving like a spoiled brat. But then, you are a better woman than I am...

What does your DH think about all of this??

• Eek. ?Just what you need, more children! ?I'm sorry. ?I hope the next 17 days zoom by.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You're doing beautifully!  I barely made it 5 days with the ILs and you've gone a month and a half.  Seriously, you are a saint.
  • I know exactly how you feel.

Hang in there.  Here's hoping the next 17 days fly by.

• imageAbrooks:
    You seriously deserve a medal.  I couldn't have lasted this long.  Hang in there!! 

NO JOKE!!!!

• Seriously. Saint, wings, halo--they're all yours!
  • imagemcgee:

Well, if she wants to leave early, let her go. I don't think I could bring myself to convince her to stay, especially if she's behaving like a spoiled brat. But then, you are a better woman than I am...

What does your DH think about all of this??

You ladies are giving me way too much credit.  The only reason I haven't gone off on her is out of sympathy for DH, who would have to play peace-maker.  Poor guy.  He just feels guilty that I have to endure it and yet obligated to appease his mom because she's ill.  He's the only reason I'm biting my tongue.  Otherwise, I'd be driving her ass to the airport right now.

• The weekend is here, so DH will be home now- right? Hopefully, that will make the next two days go by a bit easier.

THEN, 15 more days, 15 more days. 

• Dude, you ARE a saint. There would have been no back-patting from me. I would have said, "OK, if that's what you want!" and helped her look online for the next flight.

Sorry you have to deal with THREE children right now. :-(

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • You are a saint!  And you are being a great wife and DIL for not saying what you really want to!
  • imagemcurban:

The weekend is here, so DH will be home now- right? Hopefully, that will make the next two days go by a bit easier.

THEN, 15 more days, 15 more days. 

Yes, thank goodness.  She's still pouting and being completely cold this morning.  Thankfully DH is here or else the day would pass in total heavy silence.  I am in no mood to play nice.

Thanks for letting me b!tch, ladies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"