Georgia Babies
Options

Moving babies into own room ?? :(

My husband wants us to move our babies into their own room tonight in their crib to sleep. They have been sleeping in our room in bassinets. They just turned two months old. I am a little nervous about it. Even though I dont get as much sleep- I like having them in there with us. Is it too soon to move them into their own room? We would have them both in one crib until they start rolling and then we'll put them each in their own cribs.
Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moving babies into own room ?? :(

• Options

If you aren't comfortable then don't.

But, no I don't think it's too soon to move them- some people put their babies straight into their own room from day 1.

good luck!

• Options
    I think you should move them when you are ready to move them.  I moved E when he was 4 months and J when he was 3 months.  It'll be hard the first couple of nights, but you'll get use to them being in their own room soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    care99care99 member
    We moved Colin when he was 2 weeks.  But noone was getting any sleep when he was with us and his room is right across the hall, so it wasn't too traumatic.  Move them when you're ready-there is no set timeframe you need to do it by.
  • Options

I put Evie in her crib from day 1. ? Except for 2 weeks I slept in her room, because we had guests and we hadn't moved to our house yet and had no guest bedroom. ?

But after that I RAN back to my room! ? Good luck but don't do it until you are ready. ? ?

• Options
    kepkep member
    Kate was 6 months before she slept in her room by herself ... but we ended up with an unusual situation where she would only sleep on the loveseat in the living room. After she rolled off one day, that was the end of that. She went into her room cold turkey. Anyway, she was in our room for at least a few months, first in the bassinet/PNP and later in a little travel bed. I liked having her close, even though her room is literally a few steps away. (Our place is small.) Good luck--hope the transition goes well, whenever you decide to do it. :o)
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options
    We had Benjamin in his own room from day 1 and play to do the same for Noah.  So while from my own experience I don't think it's too early, don't do it until you're ready!  Good luck!
  • Options
    definitely do it when you feel you are ready. i thought i was ready when L was 2 months, but after one hour of tossing and turning i brought him back in with us. we finally moved him out at 4 months and today i think that was just the right time for him and us.
  • Options
    Ridge went into his own room at 3 months.  Just cold turkey in the crib.  He did great. I was nervous but after that first night away we all slept better.
  • Options
    Bailey has been in his crib since night 2 at home. The first night no one got any sleep and I couldn't do it with him in the room. And he loves his crib. It's like he knows at night that once we put him in there that it's nite nite time. Just do it when yall are ready.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We moved SC at about 2 months as she was outgrowing the basinet.  the first couple nights were hard since you are used to having them there, but its nice to not hear every little noise.  Do it when you are ready......You could always crash in there with them the first few nights if that will make you feel better and you have something to sleep on.  :-)

Don't do it until you are ready though.

• Options

We did it at 2 mos and Corey did great. I had the video monitor and Angel Care monitor and felt a lot better. Corey slept better as well. It is perfectly natural to want them close to you so do it when you feel ready or try it and see.

Good Luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We had Ella in her crib from the first night she was home.  I wanted to put her in the room w/ us for the first few weeks, but DH was uncomfortable w/ it b/c of our cats (he was afraid they may jump in w/ her and smother her).  It has actually worked out great for all of us.

Having said all that, ditto everyone else - don't do it until you are ready.

• Options
    I'm really late here... but I wanted to echo the others- definitely wait until you are ready.  I think I tried to move him at 2 months and just couldn't do it.  I cried so hard that DH brought him right back to me and said not until we were all ready.  We finally moved Gavin at 4 months and honestly I was amazed at how much better we ALL slept- but again, at that point, I was ready.  My advice is to move their bassinets into that room first and let them get used to the room while still in a familiar bed.  Then after a couple nights, move them to the crib.  We did this with Gavin and it was a really smooth transition.  Also, do you have a dimmer switch on the light in their room?  This was a life saver for us so that I could BF or change diapers or whatever w/o totally turning on the lights which would wake him up completely. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"