Blended Families

If anyone remembers my CS complaint...

Hi,

I made a post a while back about worrying that BM would increase CS if we moved to MN where she's recently moved with FI's kids.

I was afraid that we'd have to pay more than what he owes in SD, the state of the original order, which is where we still live. FI already pays $1,400/month plus $500 in autism expenses. Not only this, but last year he had to pay $40,000 in cash for autism expenses b/c insurance would not cover it; this was in addition to his regular CS. He paid this while BM paid about $8,000 for the autism. So I think he has paid more than his share, and this is why I am always afraid that with her in control of scheduling his therapy and medical, there's no telling how much FI will end up having to pay b/c she gets to make the choices.

So this explains more about why I don't want CS to increase (when we never know when crazy medical bills will land in our mailbox). this is a HUGE amount. And people say that I shouldn't complain about $2k if that's what it takes to raise the kids. Well, most people (including us) can't afford to have $40k bills in addition to this $2k. So, it's actually almost $5k a month when you average in the $40k over  a year.

Oh, insurance has now agreed to cover this, so we shoudn't receive this type of bill again. But I feel like with BM in control and since FI has to pay most of the cost, there's no telling what she'll do and what kind of bills FI will get stuck with. I've encouraged him to have the attorney revise the papers so he has more protection than this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If anyone remembers my CS complaint...

• That would upset me.  Hope it gets sorted soon!
  • That is effing psychotic.  I almost faint when I think about $2,000 a month. But, it?s even worse than that because you tack on an extra $40,000.  Holy effing schnikies!

I know that?s no help, but I wanted you to know I sympathize.

• Loading the player...
  • I know. You almost couldn't make this up. I had him send his attorney an email today stating that all expense over amount TBD need to have WRITTEN approval prior to incurring them; otherwise, the person who incurs them is responsible.

We had an issue where BM filed contempt of court over something she SAID she would pay, then came back and tried to make FI pay. He said no, you said you'd pay. Three months later when he didn't want her to move the kids 4 hrs away, she filed contempt of court. Just this wk, she dropped the charges b/c he ended up not fighting the move. How do you deal with someone who willingly lies to the court to retailiate? She even admitted this to the attorney (I assume b/c this is what his attorney said was the reason for the cancellation of the hearing).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"