Northern California Babies
Options

Money saving tip for cow milk loving kids

The other day I noticed that the price of milk for Berkeley Farms milk was up to $4.57 at my local Lucky's grocery chain. Then we ran out and I ran down to Rite Aid and found out that it is only $2.99 there. It's a big price difference for us especially when we go through something like 3 gallons a week with the twins. I thought I'd pass on my money saving find.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Money saving tip for cow milk loving kids

• Options
    :) thanks for sharing, I'll have to take a look since rite aid is in the same shopping center as Lucky's
  • Options

When they have sales, beer is often cheaper at the local drugstore chain as well Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrs.K&C:

When they have sales, beer is often cheaper at the local drugstore chain as well Stick out tongue

LOL

• Options
    Is Berkeley Farms organic?
  • Options

I shop at S-Mart Foods and they sale their gallon milks 2 at a time.  We can't drink two gallons before it goes bad so we freeze one. 

I think 2 gallons of milk was like $4 maybe $5.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    7-11 has really good milk prices too!
  • Options
    imagegreekwife05:

I shop at S-Mart Foods and they sale their gallon milks 2 at a time.  We can't drink two gallons before it goes bad so we freeze one. 

Freezing milk?  This never even occured to me.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejsugrin:

Nope

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejsugrin:

They have an organic line at a premium, but not all.

• Options
    imageMarksGrrl:
    imagegreekwife05:

Freezing milk?  This never even occurred to me.

Yep the only thing to remember is too take the frozen one out when your about 1/2 through your last gallon in the fridge and to shake it really well once it's defrosted.  

I've never noticed a difference and taste and I am a picky milk drinker. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagegreekwife05:
    imageMarksGrrl:
    imagegreekwife05:

Yep the only thing to remember is too take the frozen one out when your about 1/2 through your last gallon in the fridge and to shake it really well once it's defrosted.  

Really? Is this done with whole milk? I've read that it causes separation and the thawed out frozen milk is best for cooking and baking but not for every day drinking.
  • Options
    imageRozieGirl:
    imagegreekwife05:
    imageMarksGrrl:
    imagegreekwife05:

Really? Is this done with whole milk? I've read that it causes separation and the thawed out frozen milk is best for cooking and baking but not for every day drinking.

We freeze our milk too.  My mom did this for years.  You can't taste the difference at all.  We go through a gallon a week, so freezing it good. Saves time to go to the store weekly.

• Options
    imageGo Dux:
    imageRozieGirl:
    imagegreekwife05:
    imageMarksGrrl:
    imagegreekwife05:

We freeze our milk too.  My mom did this for years.  You can't taste the difference at all.  We go through a gallon a week, so freezing it good. Saves time to go to the store weekly.

Wow! You really do learn something new every day!

• Options

I dont know why but "cow milk loving kid" sounds so gross....

Oh hold on JLK asked for milk...

LOL

Ok I am back and yes that just happened!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I recently started freezing milk too.  We buy two gallons from Costco for $3.99.  It's just the two of us, so there's no way we could go through that, but it's been working out to freeze one till we're through the first! :)  I don't notice a difference...my aunt and cousin were stunned when they saw the milk gallon in my freezer :)  haha
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, at Sam's Club you can get a gallon of non-organic milk for $1.90-2.00 (without having to buy 2 at a time).  They have 2% Horizon Organic with DHA for just over $9.00 for 3 half gallons.
  • Options

If you buy 2 gallons of the Lucern brand at Safeway it's only $4 for 2 gallons.

And Target has their brand for $2.39 all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"