Parenting after a Loss
Options

General baby poll

1)  What about your baby was easier then you thought it would be?

2)  What do you think is tougher then you thought it would be?

3)  What just point blank surprised you?

4) What are some things your LO is doing now?

Re: General baby poll

• Options

1)  What about your baby was easier then you thought it would be?  Changing the diaper... even the stinky solid food ones.

2)  What do you think is tougher then you thought it would be?  BFing I though it would be a lot easier.  Also getting DD to sleep.

3)  What just point blank surprised you?  I knew how much I would be in love w/ my baby... but just his incredible overwhelming love.

4) What are some things your LO is doing now?  She is scooching... she is so so close to crawling.  She also likes to do flip overs (I say this but a fast roll) when I am trying to change her diaper... oh she also does this when she is being held and does not want to be held.

• Options

1. BFing now that she's older is easier than I thought it would be. 

2. Figuring out M's sleep is harder than I thought at this point. Every time we think we have a handle on it, her schedule changes

3. How acutely aware of EVERYTHING I am now. Especially the annoying things. And how many people need their egos stroked & rely on my kid to get it.  

4. She's standing without assistance, talking, and starting to eat solids better.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    dmsmthdmsmth member

1. caring for her.  I had never really cared for a baby or small child in the past and it hasn't been as haard or as foreign to me as i thought it was.

2. BF

3. How quickly I cought on to motherhood. (see Q1)

4. She is holding her head up a little bit now and holding onto things longer than she has been in the past.

m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

1)  What about your baby was easier then you thought it would be? Taking her places, she is very flexible and goes with the flow while out and about.

2)  What do you think is tougher then you thought it would be? Getting her to sleep at night and getting her to take longer naps.

3)  What just point blank surprised you? How much I instantly loved her.  After losing 2 babies and being told something was probably going to be wrong with Emma, I was a bit detached from the pregnancy but I fell in love the second I saw her.

4) What are some things your LO is doing now?  Starting to babble consonants, she sits up awesome and is leaning forward almost onto all 4s, and she LOVES solids now.

• Options

1)  What about your baby was easier then you thought it would be?  His disposition was much sweeter and happier than I expected.

2)  What do you think is tougher then you thought it would be? BFing.  We never could get it to work, I ended up EPing for 7.5 months instead.

3)  What just point blank surprised you?  My LO's genetic mutation, and subsequent health troubles.

4) What are some things your LO is doing now?  Pulling up on everything, starting to cruise, eating a lot more variety of foods.

imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options

1)  What about your baby was easier then you thought it would be?  Taking her out and about.  She loves being around people and I'm getting much more organized when we go somewhere.

2)  What do you think is tougher then you thought it would be? BFing.  I thought it was something natural that we would both just "know" how to do.

3)  What just point blank surprised you?  The fact that she would start STTN at 2 months.

4) What are some things your LO is doing now?  "Talking" more, laughing and smiling and getting so close to rolling over.

• Options

1)  Getting into a routine was easier than I thought.

2)  Sleep is tougher than I thought.

3)  How much you can love someone so quickly.

4)  Kate is pulling up and really wants to walk.  Ben is rolling over like crazy and blowing raspberries and trying his best to sit up.

• Options

1. Sleep, I was a nanny to some kids that did not like to sleep so I was expecting the worst.  Instead I got the best!

2. Breastfeeding, and I went into it knowing it would not be easy!  Man it's tough.

3. How fast she changes and learns new things.  I feel like every day I pick her up from daycare I meet a different baby.

4. She's getting closer to sitting up.  If I balance her just right when she's had just enough sleep, she'll sit up for a few seconds.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"