Stay at Home Moms
Options

Moms of boys - gift recommendations?

My best friend just had her second boy and I haven't gotten him a gift yet!  Do you have any gift ideas, considering:

-- she already has tons of clothes from DS #1 (music and videos, too)

-- she's in a very small space, so I don't think she wants a big toy that will clutter the place up (no yard, either)

-- she lives in Honolulu, so nothing for fall/winter

-- she loves to cook, so anything toddler-cooking-related would be great, but I'm drawing a blank.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of boys - gift recommendations?

• Options

Hmmm.  That's a tough one.  How about a savings bond?  Gift certificate to a kids store she likes?  Is that too impersonal? 

I personally love when people buy me gift certificates for Ben because he already has so much.  This way, I can fill in the gaps with what he needs and I'm not getting duplicates of stuff I already have.

• Options

Diapers?  I think you can do gift cards through diapers.com or pampers (I know one of the diaper sites has a GC option).

For a second baby I tend to think practical items.  Diapers, formula, pacifiers, etc.  

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kat523kat523 member
    Hmmm... how about finding a monogrammed burpcloth and bib on ETSY or Ebay?  Or, even a monogrammed blanket!  I know my sil who has three boys, loved the personalized books we got for the boys and the boys grew to love them!
  • Options

What about a great cookbook for cooking for her current child and the new one when they start solids.

Williams Sonoma has a great cookbook and if you google baby and children cookbooks you can find lots of great ones out there.

• Options
    Thanks, ladies!  I'll look into cookbooks, which is a great suggestion, but it's true she's on a tight budget and would probably most appreciate a Target gift certificate.  I think they just got Target in Hawaii only in the last year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"