Parenting after a Loss

super pissed! IL's vent (Not really board related)

Ugh!  My IL's are major PITA's.  Seriously!  My DH is turning 30 today so I'm throwing him a surprise party tomorrow at our house.  He actually knows about it, but no one but me knows that he knows.  My FIL called today and told me they were coming at 2:30 (invitation says 6:00) and by the way is it ok if they bring their friends? Their friends have known Dave (DH) since birth and would really like to come. Oh and then he asked me how I was getting Dave out of the house.  I told him I was sending him fishing in the morning and telling him that we were inviting my brother and SIL over to grill out at around 6:30 so he would come home then.  I planned on sending him out in the morning so I would have the whole day to get ready for the party.  Well FIL says well instead of that why don't we come over at 2:30, hang out with Maggie and you guys for a bit and then at like 5:30 we take Dave to the hotel and buy him a drink and bring him back at around 6. Ummmmm if it really were a surprise that wouldn't work.  How the heck does he expect me to set up for a whole party in a half hour?  Plus now I have to entertain them starting at 2:30 so I have to have everything ready to go by then.  Thank God DH knows about the party, but IL's don't know that.  I knew this would happen, they are idiots! I could scream right now I'm so irritated! Seriously people if you are invited to a party at 6:00, show up at 6 and don't invite your friends to come with! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Baby H #1 born in January '09 after a M/C January '08 Baby H #2 born in May '11 Baby H #3 due April 17th 2013

Re: super pissed! IL's vent (Not really board related)

• Sorry- that is very frustrating.
  • Just tell them you don't want to start switching plans up on him now or he'll suspect something.

And then spit in their drinks later in the night.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried telling them that he was planning on fishing and that that would be the best way to get him out of the house. They don't care about plans, they do this every time we do anything. Thank God they live 3 hours away and don't make any effort to come here very often.
    Baby H #1 born in January '09 after a M/C January '08 Baby H #2 born in May '11 Baby H #3 due April 17th 2013
  • OH God that is so annoying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"