Alabama Babies

Update on my grandma

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers ladies.  They seem to be working.  Unbelievably, she's doing a lot better, upgraded from critical to stable and is still in the ICU, but is still having complications due to the meds.  My mom said that she is alert and very lucid....and full of questions, that she obviously can't ask (because she can no longer speak).   

She needs to be in isolation (due to all the infectious diseases she has....and the fact that her immune system is extremely compromised at this point) and the hospital that she's currently at doesn't have that type of care, so sometime next week, she'll be transferred to another hospital-type facility--it's the one that she was in right after her strokes in January.  They expect her to be there for the better part of August, due to the huge amount of antibiotics that she's on.

My mom and I are in shock that she seems to be pulling out of this.  She most really have some will to live.  Thanks again ladies!   

Re: Update on my grandma

• That's great news Fran. I'm glad she's doing better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Glad she's doing better Fran and will continue to pray for her and your family so she continues to do well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I normally lurk over here, but I have been thinking about your grandma and praying for her since your original post.  I am glad she is doing so well.  I work in the ICU and see the miracle of prayer every day.  I hope she continues to do well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so glad that she is doing better.  Prayers still being said for a continuing improvement :)
  • That is good to hear!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That's great news.  I'm glad she is doing well.
  • Glad she is better!

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Glad she's doing better...will continue to pray to for her.
  • I'm so glad she's improving!
  • Glad to hear she is improving. Will continue to pray.
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That is GREAT news!  Your grandma is one tough cookie!  I hope that she continues to improve!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"