2nd Trimester

Pregnancy Massage- covered by insurance??

I am so uncomfortable I feel like my back is going to BREAK! Anyone else's back really hurt?

I definitely need a prenatal massage and someone told me that they are covered by insurance.

Has anyone had a prenatal massage that was covered by their medical insurance? Boy, that would be great!

Re: Pregnancy Massage- covered by insurance??

• I'd guess you'd have to go to an actual medical massage place rather than a spa-- like at a chiropractor's office or something... But I'm not sure.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd give them a call. It never hurts to ask. I call my insurance company at least once a month to see if something is covered. It's what they are there for.
  • My massages (both prenatal & prior to pregnancy) are covered by insurance. You need to call your insurance company & see if you are covered & typically need to go through a chiropractor's office (or similar setting) to get them to take your insurance and bill it properly. I simply pay my regular co-pay for an hour massage.
  • If my OBGYN recommended one and referred me to a medical place for it... it would be covered.  If I went to the local spa just cause I felt I needed one....  My insurance would say Hope you had fun!  We ain't payin!
  • My health benefits cover $50 for any type of massage up to a maximum of $700 per year.

ETA: It doesn't matter where I go for the massage (spa, chiro office, etc) as long as the person performing the massage is a registered massage therapist.  I had a massage at a spa while on vacation and the insurance company paid for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am trying to figure this out too--I am going for one tomorrow.

From what I could decipher from my plan's online info, they are only covered if you go to one of their network providers, most of which seem like MDs and chiros. But I am going to call and see if I can send the receipt (along with my Dr's note) for reimbursement from my FSA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It really depends on your ins. I go to a chiropractor and he has a massage therapist in the office so my massages are covered up to 18 visits per year (random #). My OB had also offered to refer me to a chiro if I needed it. If you don't already have a trusted chiro, talk to your OB and see what they say.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes as long as my Dr gives me an RX. Call the phone number on your insurance card and ask it's worth a shot! I get them every week now! Yay!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"