Georgia Babies
Options

Finally diagnosed with the flu - swine flu

Yep the pedi did the qtip nose swab and sure enough it came back positive which doesn't change how we're treating it (tylenol and time). But it is nice to know my baby boy doesn't have some weird virus or infection and the pedi agreed with that. He told me that it could possibly take until monday for Bailey to feel 100% so we're giving him tylenol every 4 hours through tomorrow night then we'll see how sunday goes.  Yesterday was so rough (cried ALL afternoon) and he barely slept until we put him to bed after giving him tylenol. Of course some of that was b/c I was scared to give him tylenol yesterday afternoon. The pedi reassured me that its okay for Bailey to have tylenol and that it would make him feel better. And sure enough he's sleeping peacfully in his crib.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Finally diagnosed with the flu - swine flu

• Options
    Poor guy!  I hope he feels better soon.  Sorry you are having to deal with all of this.
  • Options

Seriously, swine flu?

I'm so sorry. I know its horrible when they are sick, especially being so young. I hope he feels better and that you can all get some rest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no. I hope yall are feeling better soon.
  • Options
    Oh no!  I'm so sorry you gys are having to deal with this.  I hope he makes a full recovery over the weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    myrallmyrall member

Oh my gosh. How scary. We ended up at Egleston two days in a row because of a crazy fever that wouldn't go away. Right at the height of the break-out too. Does this mean you and your DH have it too?

Hope he feels better fast. Time just seems to freeze when our little ones are sick.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemyrall:

Oh my gosh. How scary. We ended up at Egleston two days in a row because of a crazy fever that wouldn't go away. Right at the height of the break-out too. Does this mean you and your DH have it too?

Hope he feels better fast. Time just seems to freeze when our little ones are sick.

Nope - dh has been perfectly fine and I've been sick but not fever so they don't really think I have it. Swine flu is not what they thought it was in the beginning when the media went crazy. It's pretty much like the normal flu and just has to fun it's course. They don't even give anything for it anymore except tyelnol for the fever.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Holy cow--poor baby!!  And poor YOU; I'd be flipping out if HC was that young and had any kind of flu at all, much less swine flu....the unknown is much scarier, isn't it?  Glad you have a plan and that the Tylenol is helping; hope you both feel better fast!
  • Options
    I hope he gets better soon. Do you know how he got it? Anyone travel that has been around him?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yuck!  That's awful!  How in the world did he get swine flu?  It's good that you got answers though, and I'm crossing my fingers he feels better really soon!  I'm glad he's sleeping now.  Hopefully you can get some rest, too, because I know this has to be hard on you.
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    Oh crap.  At least they now know what it is and hopefully getting you better more quickly!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I hope he feels better very soon!
  • Options
    Oh no--hope you are all feeling better soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    that poor baby boy. i hope he feels better very soon.
  • Options

No clue where he got it. He doesn't touch anything while we're out and I'm a freakin nazi about if I touch something I either wash my hands or use hand sanitizer before I touch him again. Dh is the same way. So who knows. It's just one of those things.

• Options
    So glad to hear that you have an answer and can concentrate on helping your baby get better!
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options

Ugh!  So glad you finally know what it is though.  My BIL had the swine flu a few weeks ago.  He got it on a flight to Brazil.  He said the woman sitting next to him was really sick.  From now on, he'll be wearing a mask on his international flights.

I hope Bailey is feeling better soon.

• Options
    care99care99 member
    Oh wow!  I am so sorry he's sick, but at least you have a diagnosis.  I hope he starts feeling better soon and that you all get some rest.
  • Options
    kepkep member
    Oh how scary! Get well soon. I hope you all are feeling better ASAP. ((HUGS))
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options
    Oh poor little guy. I am glad they figured out what as going on. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  I finally am having a chance to catch up on posting and was looking to see how you and Bailey were doing.  Its no fun that he is sick.  I'm glad the pedi thinks he will feel better soon.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It is Monday so I hope that he is feeling better now!  He is too little to be so sick.  I hope that you all get back on track soon. 
  • Options
    Oh wow! I sure hope he gets well soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"