High-Risk Pregnancy

Terrible night...and now on bedrest

At 10pm last night i called the afterhrs line for my dr and told them about my terrible cramping and paralyzing back pain. they said to go to the ER right away. when i got there, of course i had to wait, was told to give a urine sample, and thats when it when soo wrong. went in to give it, blood poured out of me, on the floor, my panties, filled the toilet bowl. i couldnt even move, i was screaming in pain. i couldve sworn i had a miscarriage, and finally, 5 hours later ( their proiorities are terrible) i got an ultrasound. luckily and very happily, the baby is healthy for now. and a girl!!! and after a total of 8 hours in the ER, i finally got to see the doctor. placenta abruption, bedrest. *sigh* i am 18weeks pregnant, i dont know how many people have been put on BR this early, and made it pretty full term. id like to know though. this was certainly a painful, sad night for me. but i hope and pray that BRing will give a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby.
*The Blog* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural M/C : Arabella's Twin Guardian Angel, 7.29.2009.**Natural M/C : 2.20.2010. 18 weeks. Always Loved. 4 weeks.

Re: Terrible night...and now on bedrest

• Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you had to experience all of that last night. How terribly scary. I don't have any personal experience or info, just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and your LO. Best to you.
  • Thinking of you and your LO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry, that is a scary experience.  I hope you are able to have an uneventful, long pregnancy.
  • Wow - I'm sorry that you had to go through that. ?So frustrating that they didn't give you more urgent attention!

I don't have the same situation as you as to the reason for my BR, but I do want to say that I'm thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.

I seriously believe that BR and the meds I was put on saved our going into PTL and delivery early. ?I was put on BR at 23 weeks for cervical incompetency. ??

Good luck to you and baby!?

• I went on BR at 19 weeks due to pPROM (amnio leaking), we were given 50-50 odds, (My OB expected baby to pass that night at hospital), but she was strong and with strict BR we made it to 39 weeks!! In fact, we had to induce because I never really felt her, and my OB was getting nervous...
  • I had a placental abruption at 23w 5d. I can definitely relate to the horror you felt at all of the blood. There was so.much.blood. I was panicked. They kept me in the hospital for a little over a week, sent me home on strict bed rest for about a week, and modified bed rest for a few more. My perinatologist, who I've mentioned in previous posts, does NOT take the conservative path, said that bed rest does not prevent an abruption. That said, I think that once you have a bleed you are quite likely to have another. I haven't. I've had a crapload of other complications, but through it all the baby has looked great. He's huge, kicks me all day long, and his u/s's always look perfect. There is definitely hope!
  • My sister was put on bed rest at 13 weeks and her baby was born 1 day after EDD perfect 7lb 6oz. You can do it... One day at a time. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• I found out I had a marginal previa at 16 weeks, I had some bleeding and cramping that was worse when I was standing so I was on bedrest. 

I was released to go back to work 3 weeks later..and I worked for 2 weeks, then I had an abruption as well.  Their was so much blood, just like you said.  More blood than I had ever seen.  It was everywhere.  I was on hospital bedrest for 2 days and then I came home, bedrest for 2 weeks.  Then my placenta moved up! 

The same week I noticed I felt baby REALLY high up, so I guess my uterus moving up 2 inches above my belly button pulled the placenta up as well.

Good luck. 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• I wasn't placed on bedrest at 18 weeks, but modified at 22 and strict bedrest at 24 (due to IC and preterm labor) until delivery. DS was born at 38 weeks! Those were the hardest and scariest months of my life. Just take it one day at a time and be thankful for every day that you are giving your baby a natural incubator:). I gave myself mini goals (like 26 weeks, then 28 weeks, etc). Start up a routine. It really sucks but you can do it! Glad everything is ok for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"