Adoption
Options

GTKYF: Baby Names

We haven't done this in a while.  What are your favorite baby names?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: GTKYF: Baby Names

• Options

Well, Jade, of course...

We also considered Mallory, Abigail, Vanessa and Lillian (lily) once we knew about our placement was a little girl.  We used BM's choice of middle name, so that def came into play and Mallory (my fav) was out of the running right away!

As for boys...i love Marcus, Chad, Mitchell...

• Options

Can I answer?

Well, I have an Emmalee. I love the name Rutledge (for my dad) and Victoria.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ginalynn....is our baby's name which is a combination of two names because her given name means something to the family and they wanted to keep it. Gina her birth families pick and Lynn for my brother that was killed in Sept. Plus is already know her name so we are just adding to it.

I like Abigail, Brooklynn, Ashton, for a girl and Sullivan was our pick for a boy. I also like Colton, Coby, for a boy.

• Options

I like:

Elizabeth

Sophia

Sophie

Maya

Callie

Ella

William (duh, that is DS' name)

Anthony

Nicholas

Jack

Matthew

Ryan

Samuel

• Options

Girl
    Payton Elizabeth, Landry Grace (if Landry isn't used as a boy name), Poppy Grace...we also like Emma, Claire, and Anna

Boy
    Jacob Landry

• Options
    Gavin, Evan, Ethan, Paige, Tia, Grace.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    We got ourselves into a bit of a name pickle.  DS is named Henry, and DD is named Avery.  Though it was completely unintentional, both end in -ry.  So we're thinking that for an adopted child, it'll be particularly important to also give him/her an -ry name.  For a girl we like Mallory, but for a boy we're at a standstill...  any suggestions?  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Names.....
    I sort of have a love/hate relationship with this topic.  My husband is insisting on naming a girl after his deceased mother-  Mary Jane.  While the spirit of the name is close to what I like, I don't like it for various reasons.  I don't think I'll win this battle unless BM wants to have a hand in naming.

The girl names I do like are:

Elizabeth

Sara

Kate

Mary Alice or MaryCate/Catherine  or Mary Elizabeth

Anna

Claire

Caroline

Paige

Lillian

Boys....

Most likely Charles/Charlie after my dad.

Other names I like...

Andrew

John Joseph but call him Jack (altho my name is Jill...so that would be silly!)

Patrick

James/Jaime

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options

imagejulandjo:
    We got ourselves into a bit of a name pickle.  DS is named Henry, and DD is named Avery.  Though it was completely unintentional, both end in -ry.  So we're thinking that for an adopted child, it'll be particularly important to also give him/her an -ry name.  For a girl we like Mallory, but for a boy we're at a standstill...  any suggestions?  :)

Larry?  Rory?  Sorry, those aren't the greatest (IMO).  I can't think of any other -ry boy names.  I will keep trying though.

BTW, I don't think that many people would notice the -ry connection between your kids, so you should not feel like you have to use an -ry name for the next one.

• Options

I want to participate but I can't. We have never been good at coming up with a list of names. LOL

I think I like these:

boys: Henry, William, Max

girls: Grace for a middle name, Emily, Hannah 

• Options
    imagesilliestbunny:

Names.....
    I sort of have a love/hate relationship with this topic.  My husband is insisting on naming a girl after his deceased mother-  Mary Jane.  While the spirit of the name is close to what I like, I don't like it for various reasons.  I don't think I'll win this battle unless BM wants to have a hand in naming.

The girl names I do like are:

Elizabeth

Sara

Kate

Mary Alice or MaryCate/Catherine  or Mary Elizabeth

Anna

Claire

Caroline

Paige

Lillian

Boys....

Most likely Charles/Charlie after my dad.

Other names I like...

Andrew

John Joseph but call him Jack (altho my name is Jill...so that would be silly!)

Patrick

James/Jaime

We have VERY similar tastes.  Almost all of your names were on our short list the first time and this time as well. 

Anyway, DS was almost Jack.  We are really thinking about Jack for number two (full name would be John).  However, DS is Will.  Would it be weird to have Jack and Will?  Your "Jack and Jill" comment makes me wonder.

• Options

i want to play, but i am sworn to secrecy by MH! We promised we wouldn't tell a soul what are names are! 

• Options
    Jeffery, Geoffrey, Gregory, Aubrey/Aubry...I'll keep thinking
  • Options

DH and I like different names, but here are a few that we agree on;

Girls: Rory, Peyton

Boys: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Gavin, Owen, Liam Andrew (our fave), Brady

Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options

Grant .. of course for a boy

Grace Elisabeth, Grace Kathrine, Grace Isabella, Miliana Grace, Pearl Elisabeth ...

• Options

for a Boy i have Malachai, Jordan, Tyler, David, Anthony and Ilya

for a girl, Emma, Peyton, Gia and LucianaSmile

• Options
    imagehersheykiss:

Rutledge (for my dad)

That's my mom's maiden name!  what would you use as a nickname for it, I've thought it would be an interesting 1st name, but couldn't come up with a nickname that I liked

• Options

Boy Names are hard, but I like ( in no particular order)

Jack

Andrew

Ethan

Evan 

Christopher

Christian

Michael

Matthew

Girls:

My DD will be named Peyton Olivia (!!!!) 

I also love 

Caroline

Abigail

Addison

Paige

Olivia

Jessica 

Jenna

Alexis

WHAT'S IN MY CAMERA BAG: Canon 40D, 50 mm 1.8 prime and not much else yet! Learning to edit with PSE 8 AND LR 3. My real name isn't Tiffany, and I'm a photography newbie! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Girls (we have a better idea because our failed match was a girl):

1. Delilah Grace
    2. Eleanor Catherine (or Paige)(Nora or Ellie)
    3. Abilgail (Abby)
    4. Lillian (lily)
    5. Delia

Boys

1. Quinn
    2. Edward (Teddy)
    3. Evan Patrick
    4. Colin
    5. Cole
    6. Dean
    7. Brice (I love, DH not so much)

• Options
    imageTTCgradstud:
    imagehersheykiss:

Rutledge (for my dad)

That's my mom's maiden name!  what would you use as a nickname for it, I've thought it would be an interesting 1st name, but couldn't come up with a nickname that I liked

DH refuses to let me use it as a first name. He hates it and so does his family. He is letting me use it as a middle and we will have Conner as a first if we have a boy. He will go by Conner. My dad was the third with James Rutledge (lastname) as his name. My grandfather went by Jim, my dad went by Rutledge or JR. Rutledge is a family name in my dad's family. I have several cousins male & female with that as a first or middle name. :)

• Options

Obviously my children's names:  Cooper Jacob and Charlotte Rai (pronounced Rye)

I also love:

Grace Clementine

Fletcher

Spencer

Christopher

Sebastian

• Options

imagejulandjo:
    We got ourselves into a bit of a name pickle.? DS is named Henry, and DD is named Avery.? Though it was completely unintentional, both end in -ry.? So we're thinking that for an adopted child, it'll be particularly important to also give him/her an -ry name.? For a girl we like Mallory, but for a boy we're at a standstill...? any suggestions?? :)

I like this website?because?you can filter by "names that start with..." or "names that end with..." and lots of other choices. I?selected?boys names?ending?with "ry" for you:

https://tinyurl.com/nnj6mo?

• Options
    imageDragonfly_Bride:

imagejulandjo:

I like this website because you can filter by "names that start with..." or "names that end with..." and lots of other choices. I selected boys names ending with "ry" for you:

https://tinyurl.com/nnj6mo 

Woah!  Way cool!  Thank you!

• Options

Well my DS is Gabriel Bryce and DD is Eliza Grace.  My older daughter is Ksenia (russian) and I think it is beautiful.

For boys I also like Noah, Frederick, Ezekiel, Benjamin, Jackson, Jobin, Adrien, Zachary, Jeremiah

For girls I like Camilla, Camille, Cecilia, Julianna, Hannah, Gillian, Freya, Emilia

There are others I can't remember right now.

• Options

I desperately want to name our son Finn and havr his Korean name be his MN.  DH HATES it, but I can usually brainwash him by just calling him that all the time.  Thats how I got Annie

Boys

Finn

Andrew

Anderson

Micah

Noah

Miles

Girls

Annie

Delilah

Isla

Elle

Mila

Misa

Leah

• Options

We have names picked out from our first failed match (which took FOREVER for us to agree upon names)

girl: Aubrey Sarah

boy: Peyton Andrew

• Options
    image-Stephanie-:

I want to participate but I can't. We have never been good at coming up with a list of names. LOL

I think I like these:

girls: Grace for a middle name, Emily, Hannah?

www.nameberry.com

I love this website..and you can subscribe to a daily newsletter that brings you names and blogs...it's very fun! ?

• Options
    imagefoundmylazybum:
    image-Stephanie-:

I think I like these:

girls: Grace for a middle name, Emily, Hannah?

www.nameberry.com

I love this website..and you can subscribe to a daily newsletter that brings you names and blogs...it's very fun! ?

?I just love the website research you do for all of us! Seriously. This is going to be a fun one!!!?

• Options

Lol..I either spend too much time on the internet or bookmark many random things..

But notice when someone says, "What is your favorite blog..." I'm no where to be found! ?I never look at blogs..Okay that's a lie..I have ONE...ONE that I go to religiously..but that's it---and it's home decorating!

I do have a knack for the random...(possibly) helpful...always entertaining sites!

Nameberry is good, I promise.

I used to have this one website that you took a quiz and it gave you, your naming style...I got it off the "baby names" board...I loved that site, but my 'puter crashed and now I don't have it :(

?

• Options

Siaorse (SEER-sha), Ciaran, Connor, Brendan, Tristan, Iain

And some family names

• Options

boy : Jaxon Walker (using!!!!)

girl : Avery Lynn (my dad's middle name and my mom/my middle name)

• Options
    imageDr.Loretta:

Siaorse (SEER-sha), Ciaran, Connor, Brendan, Tristan, Iain

And some family names

Don't want to be that annoying lurker, but in Irish, it's spelled Saoirse, it means freedom. It comes from Saor meaning free.

If you know and want to spell it wrong that's cool, just thought I'd throw it out there.

• Options
    Aubrey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"