Philadelphia Babies

pediatrician rec in King of Prussia...

Hi everyone...does anyone have any reccomendations for a ped in KOP or the surrounding area?

Thanks in advance...

Re: pediatrician rec in King of Prussia...

• I live in KoP-- we go to Drexel Hill Pediatrics-- they are great!  Even on call you either get a nurse or a doctor and they have great hours.  Dr. Sopas and Dr. Romney are the ones I know best there- they are both great.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • I go to KOP pediatrics right now. I wouldn't recommend them honestly. I am looking for a new pediatrician now. They aren't terrible- I just don't seem to jive with their style. So i hope someone posts some good suggestions
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMAprincess:
    I live in KoP-- we go to Drexel Hill Pediatrics-- they are great!  Even on call you either get a nurse or a doctor and they have great hours.  Dr. Sopas and Dr. Romney are the ones I know best there- they are both great.

This may be a bit of a drive from KoP,  but I agree that Drexel HIll Pediatrics are great.  Dr. Soppas and Dr. Advani are great, I haven't dealt with any of the other drs yet, but heard they are all good.  

• I agree the drive isn't the closest, but I think it is worth it for the care you get there.  Also, they are in line with most of my child-rearing beliefs, so I find it very supportive.  I haven't really found much else in this area.
  • imageMAprincess:
    I agree the drive isn't the closest, but I think it is worth it for the care you get there.  Also, they are in line with most of my child-rearing beliefs, so I find it very supportive.  I haven't really found much else in this area.

MAprincess: I take it from your cloth diapering and co-sleeping icons that you're into attachment parenting? Can you share some specifics of how Drexel Hill has been supportive of your child-rearing beliefs? (I've just started searching for a pediatrician and am not sure how to get to this kind of insight without interviewing dozens of doc's!)

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We actually just recently switched over to Drexel Hill from Abington (because we moved).  I can tell you that Dr. Soppas was the pediatrician that took care of my son in the hospital when he was born. She is a certified lactation consultant.  My son is not circumsized and they have never had any issue with that (nor did they try to change my mind).  I did/do co-sleep (he slept in a moses basket in our bed when he was a newborn, then we tried a bassinet in the room but he preferred to be with us.)  Now he does sleep in a crib for a bulk of the night but 90% of the time he ends up in our bed at some point during the night.  According to Drexel Hill beliefs, babies should NEVER sleep in a bed with parents.  I just don't tell them about it:-)  I understand that it is their job to err on the side of caution.  But it works for us.

They are perfectly fine with cloth diapering, supportive of the fact that I did not start solids until after 6 months, and fine with the fact that my son breastfed until 18 months (probably would have been longer if I wasn't working full time). 

But Dr. Soppas would probably be a great one to talk to.  She is also the pediatrician on-call for The Birth Center in Bryn Mawr (midwives).  They are who I delivered with the first time around, though I ended up needing a hospital transfer.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"