3rd Trimester

When do you buy your baby shower gifts?

My shower is a week from tomorrow and nothing is bought off any of my registries, I'm worried that nothing will.

When do you buy your baby shower gifts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When do you buy your baby shower gifts?

• yaleyale member
    Things will start disappearing 2-3 days before.
  • Tomorrow I am having my fourth shower and I can tell you that no one buys anything until the day before or the day of the shower.  As of this week, nothing was purchased and then I checked today and 8 things were marked as purchased.  It has been the same way with the other three showers.  People procrastinate I guess.  GL and enjoy your shower!
  • Loading the player...
  • sam19sam19 member
    People didn't buy off my registry, unfortunately. I had one person buy off my registry and that was the week before my shower.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • I just had my shower on Wednesday and no-one bought anything off my registry so I can't help you! I got a lot of clothes and the rest were gift cards.
  • Usually sometime during the week or even the day before the shower. I think most people do this. There were quite a few things that I received at my shower though that were from my registry, but were never taken off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have only been to one, it was for one of my very best friends and I still didn't go until the day of the shower.?
  • I'm going to a shower tomorrow afternoon, and I've been slow - I'm buying the gift tomorrow morning.
  • Usually not more than a few days of the shower and sometimes even the day of.

Just a word of warning: many (probably most) people will just buy what they want to buy often cutsie stuff like clothes, not practical stuff on your registry. You might prepare yourself to buy most of the things on the registry yourself.

• sgrlsgrl member
    Immediately before the shower. Usually sweaty, in a panic, and running late.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ivs112ivs112 member
    A couple of weeks in advance but most people buy gifts a few days prior or even the day of. My shower was last weekend and on Friday, 38 items were purchased and by Sunday, 66 were off the list!
  • I usually stop on my way to the shower.
  • I usually buy a few days before but have been known to buy up until the actual day of the shower. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sjpsjp member
    I usually buy a week ahead of time, because I like to have a selection, and since everyone buys a day or two ahead from my experience there is usually a lot still on there a week ahead of time
    BFP#1 twins--m/c Baby B-- DC#1 DS 03/22/05 BFP#2 m/c 2006 BFP#3/DC#2 DD 10/22/09 BFP #4! EDD 9/15/12 at 9 dpo BabyFruit Ticker
  • I usually go shortly after I get the invite but most people do not shop until a few days before or even the day of. Since you are team Pink, you need to be prepared to get lots of clothes.

• imageJules G:
    Usually sometime during the week or even the day before the shower. I think most people do this. There were quite a few things that I received at my shower though that were from my registry, but were never taken off.

This plus the day of the shower for 5 people. BRU didn't take everything off so I got some doubles which i was able to take back.

• dle927dle927 member
    My shower is Sunday and a bunch of stuff was taken off in the last couple of days.  BTW, I swore that I wouldn't look at it starting on Wednesday but my mother keeps calling saying, "Um, could you take X off of your registry?"  Meaning my cousins are finding similar items to what I registered for (which is fine with me) and buying them.  
  • I noticed that people bought our gifts the week before.  Don't worry - people are so last minute with shopping!
  • I usually try to buy the weekend before.  I know that most of my guests will probably buy the morning of my shower since our shower isnt until 4pm.  Our friends will probably all run into each other that morning at BRU LOL!
  • Don't worry. Mine is tomorrow at 11am and I know most people will shop tonight and tomorrow AM.  Yesterday there were a handful of items bought and today that has doubled.

I'm kind of glad people wait, because Target clearanced a ton of my registry a few days before we went out of town and I just made it in there yesterday to manage what was left on it since I didn't register for much. Luckily, they added some new in-store products that I liked and was able to add as well, but when silly things like thermometers are repackaged and you have to remove the old one and add the new one it's just a PITA.

Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been so good and I have no peeked!  I cant believe I was able to do it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"