Working Moms

Should I start daycare slowly?

For those already with daycare experience. I went back to work last year when Luke was 4 months old, however, my FIL watched him for us in our home. I have been off for summer vacation and start back in 2 weeks. Luke is starting at a Montessori school that has the same start date as my school. I could start him the week before, but it is considered "summer camp" and only has 1 of his usual teachers. He will be 11 1/2 months old when he starts.

Should I just start him on the 1st day of school and my 1st day as well? Or do you think it would be better to ease him into it slowly?

Thanks!

Re: Should I start daycare slowly?

• I would ease him in slowly.  That way you can maybe drop him late/pick up early if its tough for him to adjust at first....can you hang out there with him as well?  It might help him ease in if you're there to make him familiar with the place at first.  And if things are tough his 1st week, you can focus more on what's going on with him since you won't be stressed out with your own work stuff at the same time  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"