Multiples

5 months pg & have to pack house & move!!!

I'm already fighting hormone-related tears on many days.  Now I'm constantly fighting tears because of this.

My brother's sister is renting us the house we're living in. At her suggestion, we moved from another rental house to here in April 2008. She said we could rent the house as long as we needed to, and if we wanted to buy it we could do that whenever we were ready. On Tuesday she said she's putting it on the market. Yesterday afternoon the for sale sign went up in the front lawn.  She's trying to sell it out from under us while I'm 5 months along with twins and a 13 month-old baby.

My husband is so angry with her.  We've been in the process of applying for a 100% mortgage.  We don't know if we will qualify yet.  We don't have the up-front $$$ saved for a new rental.  PLUS the doctor said I'm supposed to be taking it easy & resting whenever I can.  How am I supposed to pack a house?  How can I keep my stress level down?

I almost forgot to mention... His sister just paid cash to have a $350k home custom built in FL.  Her live-in boyfriend makes 6 figures in FL, and she also has a job.  She doesn't NEED the money!  I'm just dumbfounded!  I don't know what to do!

Needed to rant.   :(

Re: 5 months pg & have to pack house & move!!!

• Big hugs!  Sorry you are dealing with all this stuff.
  • Ugh, I'm so sorry, that really sucks.  We started the buying/selling process when I was 12w and actually moved when I was 17w so I've just been there too (though you're a little further).  It's definitely tough, but ask for help packing and moving.  Don't know if there are any 100% mortgages, but you could try an FHA loan which'll allow you to get to 96.5%, could anyone gift or loan you the 3.5% down?  Check out the "Buying A Home board on here, they might have some other suggestions for financing.  GL.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAussie*s_Mom:
    Ugh, I'm so sorry, that really sucks.  We started the buying/selling process when I was 12w and actually moved when I was 17w so I've just been there too (though you're a little further).  It's definitely tough, but ask for help packing and moving.  Don't know if there are any 100% mortgages, but you could try an FHA loan which'll allow you to get to 96.5%, could anyone gift or loan you the 3.5% down?  Check out the "Buying A Home board on here, they might have some other suggestions for financing.  GL.

There's a new USDA rural development program that has 100% mtgs. We're trying to qualify for that. If we had some time to plan this, and if I could work, we would be in a very different position. Thanks for the advice on the other board. We're looking at FHA, too & would borrow from my parents. I'm familiar with the financing options.  I'm just falling apart over his sister doing this.  And I'm scared I won't be able to keep my stress level down for these babies!

• Good luck, don't push yourself! 

We moved to another state when I was 7.5 months along with my last pregnancy, and we actually just moved again a month ago (3 months along this time).  Have your hubby do most of the packing and definitely all of the lifting.  Do you have any family nearby who can help you with the actual move?  Either that, or look into a local moving company with good reviews.  We almost hired one that was going to be about $250 for them to load/unload, which didn't seem too bad!  Fortunately some friends and my in-laws ended up doing it for free though : )

Pack a little bit each day and just take it slow!

• #1 Moving while pregnant is one of my biggest nightmares. Make your SIL come pack for you.

#2 So very very not cool of your SIL. I would be ridiculously pissed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMawrtyrB:

#1 Moving while pregnant is one of my biggest nightmares. Make your SIL come pack for you.

#2 So very very not cool of your SIL. I would be ridiculously pissed.

Oooooo... Ridiculously pissed is barely the tip of the iceberg.  That's too funny - my best friend also said to have her come over and pack up the house. Yes

It's tough because I have to refrain from venting to my husband about it because he is furious with her already.

• jlh123jlh123 member
    I just moved at 25 weeks pregnant with twins.  We hired our movers to do the packing as well.  It was a small price to pay for complete comfort.  I literally didn't lift a finger.  If I didn't have family in the new city waiting to unpack us and an amazing husband, I would've had the packers also unpack.  They literally pack it all, you don't have to do anything to prepare for them.  You can live your life how you want until the last minute.  Easiest move of my life.  Of course the drive was hard on me but what should've been 11 hours in 1 day like we normally do took us 2 days with 8 hours a day due to all my bathroom breaks lol.
  • I just read this, I am 18wks and in the process of moving. I can totally relate. My husband's family are AWFUL, just ignorant, thoughtless people. I can't go into it without my blood pressure rising!

Ugh, I too feel like a hormonal mess and like I have no tolerance for any BS!!! My heart really goes out to you. I totally know. It's just depressing, and it makes you almost so stressed it's like you can't enjoy your pregnancy.

I am trying to brainstorm something fun or nice to do for myself to feel a bit better. I hope that works!!!  

:) Hugs to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"