Pregnant after 35
Options

Why I am glad I am old

I was just reading a post on 2nd tri in which a girl is upset that a friend of a friend thought she was drinking in a picture. I guess when I was 25 I might have cared what people I barely know thought about me, but now I can't even imagine that it would concern me for a second.

One of the great things about getting older is that I honestly don't care much anymore what people think. I do what I want and what I think is right and if others don't like it, I couldn't care less. It's going to make motherhood so much easier.

I will proudly, get an epidural, use a pacifier, not co-sleep, work full time, vaccinate and all manner of other things without a concern about what others think.

Re: Why I am glad I am old

• Options

I share your sentiment!  (Except I stay home - I feel like people think I'm doing the wrong thing by not working!)

• Options
    Preach it sister!! Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelebraly:

I was just reading a post on 2nd tri in which a girl is upset that a friend of a friend thought she was drinking in a picture. I guess when I was 25 I might have cared what people I barely know thought about me, but now I can't even imagine that it would concern me for a second.

One of the great things about getting older is that I honestly don't care much anymore what people think. I do what I want and what I think is right and if others don't like it, I couldn't care less. It's going to make motherhood so much easier.

I will proudly, get an epidural, use a pacifier, not co-sleep, work full time, vaccinate and all manner of other things without a concern about what others think.

YesYes  Amen!

• Options
    imagelebraly:

I hear you!

• Options
    imagelebraly:

awesome!  i SAHM, but the thought of working again makes me very happy!

• Options
    Party!!!
  • Options
    imagelebraly:

Ditto here !

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree!  Yes

And I wish I could be a SAHM... alas, I cannot.  Maybe one day we'll win the lottery. Wink

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

Exactly!

I also love being past the stage of thinking everything is about me, aimed at me or because of me. Not every comment people make is an underhanded slight about something you may or may not have done! Overlapping schedules or choices of names really can be coincidence and I now recognize that none of my friends are trying to copy my life in anyway.

Of course if all the posts that dealt with these subjects were missing from the Tri boards it would be a much slower Bump! Wink

• Options
    imagekimisuejoia:

Of course if all the posts that dealt with these subjects were missing from the Tri boards it would be a much slower Bump! Wink

That's so true! I do love reading the "drama".

• Options
    imagelebraly:
    imagekimisuejoia:

That's so true! I do love reading the "drama".

same here! It's a good work distraction Angel

• Options
    Yes wholeheartedly agree!!
  • Options
    imagelebraly:

Well said! I plan to *gasp* formula feed too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"