D.C. Area Babies

At least 30 mosquito bites!

Poor DD...

She was outside in the yard for 15-20 minutes the other day, and now has at least 30 mosquito bites all over her legs and face.  :(  (I started counting and stopped at 20...)

Since she had her 6mo vaccinations the other day, I thought it might be a reaction or something like that... but - nope - just mosquito bites.

We have SO many insects in our yard, I guess we have to be careful to make sure she's totally covered up when we go outside. 

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: At least 30 mosquito bites!

• Poor baby!  My DD #1 and I are usually the most bitten when mosquitoes are around.  Not sure why.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • oh no!!  little man gets one or two and doesn't even seem to itch (i am convinced he doesn't have the itch gene) and then i look down and i am covered with bites and scratching to no end.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have so many mosquitoes - I can have 10 bites in one minute being outside.  Mid-day it's not so bad - worst is the evenings.  Generally we don't bring her out during these times, but we do have a netting to drape her stroller if needed.
  • imagebarkers4jmm:
    We have so many mosquitoes - I can have 10 bites in one minute being outside.  Mid-day it's not so bad - worst is the evenings.  Generally we don't bring her out during these times, but we do have a netting to drape her stroller if needed.

Same here.  Our yard is awful, and we have such a great front porch that hardly gets used during the summer.  I sometimes bring her outside to play on a blanket in the morning, but only for a few minutes.  I also have a mosquito net for the pack 'n' play and her stroller in case we need it.  We filled up a little baby pool on our porch the other day to see if she liked it, and within 5 minutes we had to head inside.  :(   I wish there was something that worked, but I refuse to use bug spray because it hardly does anything, and all of the horrible chemicals aren't worth it.

• Another option with the bug spray is to just spray their clothes.  I know some of it still gets on them but if you have to be outside (and when they are older all they want to do is be outside) this helps a lot.  I put some on Maggie's dress the one day we were over at a friends but neglected to put some on myself - I got a bunch of bites on my legs and she had none even though the dress only reached her knees.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"