Stay at Home Moms
Options

Vacation plans?

Did you guys go away or do anything fun for vacation? What did you do?

I have been on my DH's back about booking something since March- i gave him a list of all busy weekend's and such- he just got to booking something last night. and its not until mid-September. I don't know if i can hold out that long. I seriously need a break. Haven't been on vacation since summer of 2007.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Vacation plans?

• Options

I took the boys to the beach a few weeks ago. Neither of them liked the ocean, in fact they were terrified of it. But they loved the pool and playing in the sand.

Maybe you can get a last-minute deal on a beach rental. How far are you from the coast?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We won't be getting a vacation this year. Crying DH is saving his PTO for when baby arrives. I've been trying to get him to take a weekend and go to the river or the lake, but every stinkin' time he actually says he'll do it, it storms and he gets called out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kat523kat523 member
    We go to the beach most weekends; but no real vacation Sad  We have 10 weddings this year and either dh, myself, or all three of us are in most of them.  Needless to say, our "vacation" money is wedding money this year.  Boo!
  • Options

I spent a week in CA and another week visiting my grandfather this summer. DH had to work, but it was a great break - even though I was caring for a 2 yo alone.

This fall I'm taking DD on another solo trip to be in my sister's wedding and visiting with my family for two weeks.

• Options
    We're doing the annual "guilt" trip to LA to see hubster's family.  It's not so bad because at least I get to see my friends, but I'd love it so much more if a) we didn't have a child with us b) I didn't have to spend time with family, and c) I could stay with my friends.  :-)
  • Options
    We went to San Diego in June. We leave for Iowa next Thursday, 2.5 hour plane flight *gulp*!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

DH and I went to Paris for a week at the beginning of June (DS stayed with my MIL)

DS and I are going to Florida for a week next week to visit my parents - kind of a vacation, I suppose.

In October we are renting a house in Vermont for a week - we did a summer rental on Cape Cod last year and decided to mix it up this year.

• Options
    We are flying to Orlando tomorrow for a few days to visit my brother and his family. LO and I flew to WV in July to visit my family. So, it's all family visiting for now.
  • Options

We're not doing a vacation this year.  We can't afford it.  Well, we could afford a day/one night trip to the Jersey shore, but we decided that it's probably better to sock that money away instead of spend it.  :(

We went to San Diego last July for my brother's wedding and stayed for a few extra days.  Unfortunately, traveling with a 5 month old to an city where there's a 3 hour time difference really isn't very relaxing, so I wouldn't call that much of a vacation.  I'm hoping we can do something next year.

• Options

Ugh I hear you!  DH isn't taking any time off until this baby comes so he can be home for the first couple weeks.  Then, it's Thanksgiving and Christmas which are insane holidays for us so I want him to take time off then. 

We've both been so crabby because he isn't getting a break from work, and I'm not getting a break from DD.  :(  I wish we had vacation, just he and I somewhere tropical.  *Sigh*.  Another time I suppose.

Where are you going on your vacation??!

• Options

awww English i feel you. now i feel guilty complaining- :(

hang in there-

we decided to go to Williamsburg, VA.

meant to tell you before- my BIL lives in Manchester, NH and we are up that way often! lovely area.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We went to FL to the beach for a week for my sister's wedding. She had always wanted to get married on the beach so my whole family went for the entire week before the wedding. If her wedding had not been on the beach we would not have taken a vacation this year...couldn't afford it. The worst part is she ended up not getting married...the groom didn't show up.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I recently went on a cruise without DH or kids and had a blast! As a family, we are going to Colorado for about 3 weeks in August to hang out and relax, enjoy the scenery, hike/bike, etc. We always take this trip every summer.
  • Options

We skipped summer vacation (other than a weekend at the Jersey shore) because DH just started a new job.  But we will be going to Maine for a week in the fall.  I can't wait to show DD and DH the incredible fall foliage!

I really, really, really want to go to Spain or San Francisco for a week in 2010.  We'll have to see how we're feeling about leaving DD with my parents.

• Options
    At the end of August we are camping for a week on the Oregon Coast and Northern California. Well, sort of camping - we have rented cabins at KOA campgrounds all the way down :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"