High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Do P17shots help?

Did it stop you from having contractions? I know it helps prevent pre-term labor but was wondering if you still experienced contractions while taking them. With DS I had pre-term labor but it was too late to prescribe them to me, so I just took Procardia, which helped a bit but still had contractions throughout my pregnancy and had to be hospitalized numerous times. This time around my peri is having me take them starting at 16 weeks....just wondering if you have found if they help.

Re: Do P17shots help?

• Options

I've been on the shots for 15 weeks now....started at week 16. I am having no contractions at all and had problems with PTL with my previous (unsucessful) pregnancies. I go for non-stress tests twice weekly where they monitor for contractions in addition to monitoring the baby's heartrate, and they show that I'm not having any contractions either.

So, in my opinion, the shots have worked wonderfully!

Good luck with making your decision!

• Options
    I had a 26 weeker the first time around.  So I was on the 17P injections with my 2nd one.  I had the shots from weeks 16 - 36 and delivered my son at 37 weeks.  In my opinion the shots did make a difference.  I didn't have any contractions while I was on them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had PTL with my last pregnancy at 21 wks and lost my son. ?I am now 29 wks and started getting the shots at 16 wks...either the shots are helping or I just had bad luck last time. ?I will take the shots for future pregnancies. ? GL
    Baby Boy born still on March 10, 2008 at 21 wks 2 days : ( Finley Alyse born October 11, 2009 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Declan Jonathan born October 16, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"