Preemies

monitor update (and need advice)

So ... the nurse at our pedi's office told us it was OK to take Dash off the monitor.

We then learned that he was only on 41 out of 60 days continuous so no one would sign the d/c order. They said, "well just download the past three weeks and that will cover it." Except he hadn't been on it for the past three weeks, because the nurse had said it was OK to take him off. ::headdesk::

Flash forward ... he has to be on it for 1 month (30 days) continuous before anyone will d/c it. He's been on it for 7 days.

Meanwhile, the monitor company called us and Dash's monitor? Has been recalled. They are coming tomorrow to pick it up and exchange it for a new one.

Tomorrow, he's with his grandmother all day ... neither DH nor I will be able to be there for the exchange. I am nervous because I won't get to see the tutorial of how to work the new machine. I am also nervous that we'll lose the last 7 days of info.

What should I do? Reschedule the pick up? Call the apnea center and schedule a download? I don't want to mess this up.

Re: monitor update (and need advice)

• how comfortable are you with technology things? i think after the initial tutorial with our monitor before we left the hospital i could figure most of it out on my own. and our monitor came with an instruction manual that was pretty clear. i think the hard part isn't the turning on/off and figuring out the beeping as much as where to put the strap. but if you're not comfortable, i would definitely reschedule. maybe you could drive to them to do an exchange when it's convenient for you? we found that sometimes worked better.

i would be VERY clear that you want the first 7 days sent to the doctor and you want confirmation it was done. i had three weeks of my info deleted after the company promised me 3 times they would send it.

good luck!! and again, i'm sorry you have to deal with this! i understand the frustration!

• Sorry you are having to deal with this! I would repeatedly let them know that the info needs to be downloaded and sent to your dr. And if you have trouble learning the model, maybe they could come back out and show you. Or have grandma take really good notes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"