Stay at Home Moms
Options

XP: Best websites for 1st birthday party!

I'm still looking ideas/themes for jh's first birthday. What did you do for your dc and did it turn out as cute as you thought it would? What all did you buy for the party? ANY websites would be great!! Thanks ladies!!

Re: XP: Best websites for 1st birthday party!

• Options
    kat523kat523 member
    I did a baseball theme for Jack's first and a dog theme for his 2nd:)  If you want to see pics, I can send them to you; but I found the best decorations at www.birthdayexpress.com .  I think I have a coupon for free shipping, so let me know if you like anything and I can look to see if I still have it and send you the code:)
  • Options

We are planning it now and we are going to do a Baby Einstein theme bc that is all they are really into now and it is gender neutral. 

https://www.birthdaydirect.com/baby-einstein-1st-birthday-party-supplies-c-33_214.html?osCsid=88s2dtgh82mvud0i68j6u7iek4

This website had tons of great stuff and reasonably priced.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gavin's 1st birthday is going to be this Saturday and we are doing Sesame Street Beginnings (it is one of the 1st birthday themes on the previous link). I wish I had known that 1st Wishes did this theme because I ended up spending way more at Party City getting stuff. This is totally NOT what I had planned on. I had planned a really elaborate party with home made decorations and favors with baby lions... and then I realized it's ok to cut myself some slack and get stuff that is ready to go. DS has a bunch of Sesame Street books (although I never know when it is on TV lol) and Cookie Monster in a diaper is one of the cutest things ever!
  • Options

Hi!

We did a Carousel-theme for Emily's 1st birthday because we rented this gorgeous park/picnic table area in Tilden Park in Berkeley where the old Carousel sits.  It's old and slow and the kids LOVED riding it and the soft grass was a great place for all the kids to crawl/walk around.  Everyone brought ride-on toys and we had several pack 'n plays to help corral all the little ones.  :)

I didn't save much of my online research but I started by Googling "Carousel stickers" to use on the favors: I got these super cute chinese take-out boxes in Carousel theme from Michael's for $1 that I put horse bath squirters in as party favors.  The colors were pale pink, lavender, sage green and pale yellow so I just got simple colored plates, napkins and a table cloth from The Party Warehouse.  The cutest thing was this sugar cake decoration of a Carousel that I set onto of the cake I made and it sort of melted into the icing seemlessly and looked like I got the cake at a fancy bakery.  :)   I put Carousel tickets on everyone's plate and also served carmel popcorn and carmel apples as treats.  It was only 3 hours total.

Good luck party planning!!!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options

imagekat523:
    I did a baseball theme for Jack's first and a dog theme for his 2nd:)  If you want to see pics, I can send them to you; but I found the best decorations at www.birthdayexpress.com .  I think I have a coupon for free shipping, so let me know if you like anything and I can look to see if I still have it and send you the code:)

That would be great...THANK YOU!! I would love to see pictures...i was thinking about doing a dog theme since he likes them so much!!

• Options
    Jonah is having an elmo theme! Since he loves elmo so much and he's a celeb to babies! Its actually pretty cheap too! I got all the decorations on sale for a dollar at hobby lobby and my moms friend is making a 3 tier cake that I only have to buy cake mix for! My brother-in-law works for a party company, so he has agreed to dress as elmo for the day. I think it will be awesome! I know my son will love it! I showed him the countdown to his birthday today! 20 days to go!...they grow up too fast...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"