Detroit Babies

Maternity evening/formal wear suggestions?

Hi Guys, I have a wedding to attend in August and no idea where to find a good quality (fashionable) dress or outfit to wear being that I will be 24 weeks at that time. ?I checked Ebay, Craigslist, and the internet in general. ?All I am finding is a sea of polyester- cheesy cheap looking but not cheap priced dresses. ?Does anyone have any tips or sources for this? ?I do not want to spend a ton of money and I know there are designer boutiques out there that have what I need at top prices, but I refuse to spend so much on something I will wear once maybe twice tops. ?I have no problem buying something second hand either. ?Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks?

Re: Maternity evening/formal wear suggestions?

• Gap and Old Navy have some cute stuff online and in the stores.  The only Gap Maternity that I know is at partridge creek in the baby Gap store.  That's where I got the dress for my shower.  I had a formal dinner to go to when I was about 25 weeks and I just used a dress that I bought at Macy's that wasn't Maternity but was empire waist and kinda "flowy" (sp?).  I wasn't too big at that point so I didn't require a maternity dress.  I actually ended up using the same dress for a party a week before my due date and it still fit just fine.  Here is a pic

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=32157936&id=25700249

• I was just at Bella Belli in Birmingham (on Old Woodward) and they had a lot of stuff on sale.  You might want to check it out.  You could always try to recoup your cost by selling it on Craigslist afterwards.  Sometimes it's worth it to spend a little $ to feel good about how you look while prego!

Another sneaky option...go to the maternity section in Macys (at Oakland or Lakeside Mall) - they also have lots of dresses on sale right now and they honor the same return policy as Macys so you could always keep those tags on an then return it!  hey, a girl has to do what a girl has to do!  :)

• Loading the player...
  • I had a wedding when I was 5 months along.  I ended up buying 3 great dresses (for showers, at trip to NYC, etc) for $100 at Slightly Pregnant on Woodward in Royal Oak.  It is a secondhand store and they had TONS of dresses!  It is north of 13 mile on the east side of the road.  I can't remember exactly where.

The store clerk was very helpful and made me feel very pretty is just about everything I tried on.  I got a great dress that retailed for about $250 that still had the original tags on it for $50.  And that was the most expensive dress I bought.   

• Thanks for the advice. ?I will definitely check those places. ?Bellabelli is a really nice store, I have been there before and bought a skirt for $10 that was originally $60!! ?I also discovered Ebay is an awesome place for maternity clothes too if any of you are looking.

?

?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"