Stay at Home Moms

SAHM question..

do you work? i know that some SAHM work from home & if you do i was wondering what do you do? i would love to join your ranks but DH & i cant afford to go w/o my income. i have googled jobs that are available from home, but very skeptical as to if they are just a scam. so, as i said, if you work from home, what do you do?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SAHM question..

• I think most of us that work from home found some way to take our in-person job and turn it into a work from home opportunity.

I work for the same company that I did prior to not working.  I am doing a small part of what my job used to be... which is a sales program that I started.  I am commission-based but my commission is guaranteed not to go down.  It brings in about $1,000 for me, per month - However, When I decided to stop working, I gave up $2,300 (net) per month, so it's been a big cut for us.

We are very tight and I have found that we have had to make lots of lifestyle changes.  I buy one-ply now.  I buy generic laundry soap.  We don't eat out - at all, period... (But I have time now to cook yummy meals, so we're not missing much!)

I rambled a bit there, but hope this helps some. 

• kat523kat523 member
    I tutor from home - completely different than what I did before SAH.  It works out great and you can get raises.  The good thing is that the majority of tutoring comes after dh is home from work.  Although, it slows in the summer, so you can't count on that money, then.  I have other legitimate suggestions in my blog and great places to find a job (WAH job sites): www.sophisticatedlygreenmom.blogspot.com  Good luck on your job hunt!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekat523:
    I tutor from home - completely different than what I did before SAH.  It works out great and you can get raises.  The good thing is that the majority of tutoring comes after dh is home from work.  Although, it slows in the summer, so you can't count on that money, then.  I have other legitimate suggestions in my blog and great places to find a job (WAH job sites): www.sophisticatedlygreenmom.blogspot.com  Good luck on your job hunt!

thank you! thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right now I watch another child in our home, but I will be done permanently in October.  I want to focus on my own kids and really don't want to have 4 little ones running around.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • kat523kat523 member
    You're welcome:)  I spent so much time trying different things and researching - I hope it saves you some time!  Stay tuned, too, I am trying out another wah opportunity that I learned about from my local news.  If it works and is easy to do and legitimate (should be since it was listed on our news as being legit), I will post info!:)  Good luck!
  • Hi and welcome!!!

So many ladies here have steered people in the correct direction as far as WAH jobs are concerned... I bet they will chime in and hel you as well!  Good luck in your search, I have only SAH so I can't offer any real suggestions.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I was able to work out a contract type of situation with my previous employer. It's been great because some of the work can be done from home while DS naps, and sometimes I do have to go in the office, but I get a sitter. I had hoped the work would be more regular, and I was honestly counting on making more money than I am, but I'm still grateful to have the opportunity.

One word of warning-- For me at least, I have found it much harder to work at home and be a full-time SAHM. I had grand plans of starting my own business, etc., etc. but I truly have not found the time. If you are going to do somehting that takes time and concentration, you have to have help watching/caring for your child so that you can work. My DH is great, but he works really long hours so he can't really help me if I have work to do. I have to pay someone else, which greatly reduces my possible income. Does that make sense?

I have a goal of finding PT work once my kids are all in school Granted, that's going to be a while, but at least it's a goal.

Good luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"