Houston Babies
Options

Kingwood Medical Center

Just curious if anyone has delivered there and what the experience was like?

Re: Kingwood Medical Center

• Options

I delivered at Kingwood back in April and I don't really have any big complaints. Most everyone went above and beyond to keep me and DD comfortable. None of the nurses were too bothersome, they were pretty good about letting you have your space/rest. I biggest issue was I asked for a lacation consultant to come by twice and she never showed, which was pretty annoying since DD wouldn't latch on, so after the third time I asked some rude nurse came in and was being rough with both DD and myself, so I finally just told her to leave. That is really my biggest complaint. Other than that, my overall experience was pretty good. Not sure if you are using the hospital pedi or not, but just know that man doesn't come in until afternoon, so when he told me I would be out first thing in the morning that was a lie! I was so freaking ready to go that his assistant released DD because I was going to raise hell if they made me stay any longer and every hour I asked for him it was "Oh, he hasn't come in for the day yet." I was released at 1 in the afternoon and he still wasn't there!

Feel free to email me at fay1007 at aol dot com if you have any specific questions or need anything else. Smile

• Options
    I delivered there back at the end of October and had a nice experience.  The one complaint I have is that they didn't walk me out or get me a wheelchair or anything when it was time for me to go.  It was just like, "Okay, bye."  I thought it was common practice to get wheeled out to the car.  Not a big deal or anything, just a bit surprised by it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered at Kingwood back in February and I have a very good experience.  The L&D nurses were excellent.  After a full day of labor I ended up having a c-section and was at Kingwood for 4 days.  Every single nurse was great.  I wished the LC would have stopped by more often as I struggled with BFing and DS would not latch.  But other than that it was great.

Just a side note, the pedi saw my DS every morning (I never had to wait until the afternoon).

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I too had a great experience.  It was kind of crazy b/c it was during Ike but I had no complaints.  We already had our pedi picked out and she stopped by every morning before going to the office.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"