Baby Showers
Options

Shower advice

My closest friend in currently in the Navy and stationed in VA. I live in IN. I really want her to be at the shower, however, she will not be back until after October 24th. Which would put me at 36 weeks. If any of you have had a shower that late, what did you think? Did you think it was way too late? Did you feel like having the shower then, or would you prefer an earlier one?

Re: Shower advice

• Options

People have showers later - there is no reason you can't.  I personally, though, would not want a shower after 36 weeks.  Between laundry, unpacking, organizing, etc - I would want as much time as possible to get it all done.  While also being hugely PG and tired!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    My friend just delivered at 36 weeks.  2 months before that, my other friend delivered at 34 weeks.  Both single babies, one was her 3rd child, the other her 1st.  So you could be taking a risk of not making it to your own shower I suppose. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dont think that is to late. Mine will be at 35 weeks. I would have liked it to be a bit sooner, but this date just worked out best, so I am fine with it.
  • Options
    I had a work shower around that time and it turned out fine.
  • Options

I will be 36 weeks at my shower this Saturday. Honestly speaking, if I could have had it earlier, I think it would have been better. Right now my feet swells even when I sit too long. So that's a risk.

The other thing is I have been getting very mild contractions, over the last 2/3 days. I keep thinking they are going to get worst and I am going to go into labor.

I feel great and get around just fine. But again I would have preferred the shower at an earlier date. 

• Options
    You can have it when ever you want.  A friend of mines sister ended up del early and the baby came to the shower.  I preferred mine a little earlier (33 and 34 weeks), just to be set up, handle returns, and such.  Trust me you';ll need to return things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"