North Carolina Babies

i hesitated to post, but... henry weaned himself

henry weaned last week Sad he hasn't nursed since. i don't know why, he just started refusing the breast, and hasn't gone back. Crying

i'm way more sad than i thought i'd be... it was pretty abrupt, he went from nursing 3x a day to nothing, literally in a minute. and there have been no concessions since then, once he stopped, he was done. i didn't really get engorged at all, so obviously, i didn't have much left, but it was still sad Sad <sniff>

Re: i hesitated to post, but... henry weaned himself

• I understand you being sad! Nursing is so special and such a nice way to bond. I'm glad you weren't uncomfortable though! Now you get to enjoy your big boy!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Liam self-weaned too, and I felt the same way when it was over.  It's great that you made it to basically a year though - that is a wonderful accomplishment!  And now that it's over for us, I can look back and be glad that he self-weaned vs me having to take it away from him at some point.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecrescentmoon99:
    And now that it's over for us, I can look back and be glad that he self-weaned vs me having to take it away from him at some point.

This! I know it's sad, especially when it ends on someone else's timetable, but I'm already dreading having to wean J of his am/pm nursings b/c he has gotten quite attached to them recently. I'm going to keep going w/ it & hope he weans himself in the next couple of months. 

• Ditto Crescent... Nate self-weaned too and it was kind of weird to let it go, but I'm glad that it was on his time table.  Enjoy your new freedom!  :)
  • I'm glad you were able to make it a year and didn't get engorged!   I ended up weaning Natalie for many reasons and it was very hard for me - I missed that time together.  I'm sure it's even harder when you're not ready for it.  But you'll have so many new ways of bonding with him! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • aww.  I know I'm going to be really sad when this happens too.  I'm worried that it's going to happen before I'm ready...

Sorry it was so sudden.  Try to get snuggles in when you can... if Henry is anything like Nora, I know that's really tough right now :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know I'll be sad when it is time for Nolan to wean, but at least Henry did it himself and you didn't get engorged.  Your baby is growing up!
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks guys. i AM technically glad he weaned himself, but he's SO busy now that i really can't hold him/snuggle, and nursing was the only real snuggle time i got anymore. <sigh> they grow up so fast Crying
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"