Baby Names
Options

Final name clicky poll (1 wk until c/s!!): PLEASE VOTE!

So we've been back and forth and back and forth again.  The name I THOUGHT we'd choose (Luca) is now out... DH feels too strongly that it sounds feminine to people that don't know it's Italian.

SO... here are our final two.  Looks like 3, but one is just a variation.  I cannot believe we are having this baby a week from tomorrow and we are STILL not agreed.

DS1 is Roman Anthony.  I'm not concerned so much about the "flow" of the middle name, as it's FIL's name and it's not going to change.

Help! :)

[Poll]

Re: Final name clicky poll (1 wk until c/s!!): PLEASE VOTE!

• Options
    I'm assuming Maxell's mn is DominiC right? That's what I voted for. However, I think Luca is such a masculine Italian name...I'm sad your DH has vetoed it. :-( He could always go by Luke if he wanted to! I'm so far from Italian that I can't use it, but if I was, I'd love to use it! 
  • Options
    Trevor, definitely. It's a great name and he won't be a multiple in his class. Max is really overused.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love Luca too!  I think it sounds good with your last name and his brother's name.  I agree with the PP that it definitely sounds masculine and Italian.  Maybe DH will come around?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EXL311EXL311 member
    I voted for Trevor because I don't think the MM flows as well.  Second I would choose Maddox and Maxwell last.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Options

I hear ya ladies!!  I love Luca as well and I think that MOST people know it's a male name.  But he has it stuck in his head that people will think it's a girl until they SEE him (when he's older at least... we all know that it's pretty hard to tell boy/girl babies apart aside from what color they are wearing!). 

And of course we have the Luke issue b/c a good friend of his just named his little boy Lucas and he goes by Luke so thsi is an "issue" for DH as well (not for me... as far as 'm concerned, people do not OWN names!).

Sigh... I can't take much more of the namelessness!! :(

• Options

93 views and not even 30 votes??  Come on ladies... help me out here!! :)  LOL... all you have to do is click one... this baby can't be born without a name!

Wink

• Options
    EXL311EXL311 member
    imageMediaBride:

I hear ya ladies!!  I love Luca as well and I think that MOST people know it's a male name.  But he has it stuck in his head that people will think it's a girl until they SEE him (when he's older at least... we all know that it's pretty hard to tell boy/girl babies apart aside from what color they are wearing!). 

And of course we have the Luke issue b/c a good friend of his just named his little boy Lucas and he goes by Luke so thsi is an "issue" for DH as well (not for me... as far as 'm concerned, people do not OWN names!).

Has your DH not seen ER?  I mean if he caught a glimpse of that piece of hotness he would be totally on board with Luca. Wink

Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Options
    I really like Maxwell Dominic.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    They are all super cute! Good luck!
  • Options
    I prefer Maxwell Dominic.  GL with your c/s!
  • Options

Sorry, I can't vote on any of them since I do not like them. I LOVE Luca so much and can't pick something in place of especially ones I dont care for,

I DO love Domenic can you use that as a first name?

• Options
    I voted for Trevor because I'm not a fan of Max. I like Luca best though.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

I think Luca is a great name and that people will know it's masculine.  Max could be short for Maxine, so not even it is 100% masculine.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    imageEXL311:
    imageMediaBride:

Has your DH not seen ER?  I mean if he caught a glimpse of that piece of hotness he would be totally on board with Luca. Wink

My thought exactly!  LOL

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I chose Maddox but really think you should go with Luca.  I like it best out of all the choices.  Maybe he will change his mind when he sees the baby.
  • Options

imageMrsJJC:
    I think Luca is such a masculine Italian name...I'm sad your DH has vetoed it. :-( He could always go by Luke if he wanted to! I'm so far from Italian that I can't use it, but if I was, I'd love to use it! 

same...but out of these three, I think Maddox is the best!  I also like Maxwell...Trevor is okay, but it reminds me of 1) baby boys in the 80's and 2) Neville's frog in the Harry Potter series.  Sorry!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"