Stay at Home Moms
Options

Scheduling your day...

I'll be staying home with my DS for three months, my DD (2yo) will be with us three days a week and two 1/2 days in MDO, my #1DS will be in Kindergarten. I'm trying to come up with a schedule that suits everyone, mapped out with things to do for the 2 yr old to keep her learning and on the right track.

Do any of you have a schedule for your DC that you follow? She's going to be going back to Daycare in Jan after my Maternity Leave is up. If you have a suggestion, let me know. Or a website that you've gotten good tips from would be great too.

Thanks.

Re: Scheduling your day...

• Options
    Well, I think having a tight schedule with a 2 year old and a newborn could be a bit difficult. Instead maybe set up goals for the week, like get to the zoo at least once a week, get to the park at least once a week, get to the library once a week...etc. Whatever it is you like to do with you LO. That's what I do. I made a list of things we like to do and then I make sure we do at least one activity a day from that list (it's a goal that is not always accomplished). Then since we are still on a good sleep schedule, I use that time to clean and do laundry and then I fit in times of educational play, times of active play, and reading time, bath time ext. So my days are not completely structured, but after doing it awhile, they do seem to fall into a general schedule. I will say, it took me longer than 3 months to feel like I was able to figure that schedule out so don't be hard on yourself if you can't seem to get in a groove during your maternity leave. Remember you will also be dealing with sleep deprivation and an infant along with an active 2 year old. Good luck!
  • Options

imageaxr8111:
    Well, I think having a tight schedule with a 2 year old and a newborn could be a bit difficult. Instead maybe set up goals for the week, like get to the zoo at least once a week, get to the park at least once a week, get to the library once a week...etc. Whatever it is you like to do with you LO. That's what I do. I made a list of things we like to do and then I make sure we do at least one activity a day from that list (it's a goal that is not always accomplished). Then since we are still on a good sleep schedule, I use that time to clean and do laundry and then I fit in times of educational play, times of active play, and reading time, bath time ext. So my days are not completely structured, but after doing it awhile, they do seem to fall into a general schedule. I will say, it took me longer than 3 months to feel like I was able to figure that schedule out so don't be hard on yourself if you can't seem to get in a groove during your maternity leave. Remember you will also be dealing with sleep deprivation and an infant along with an active 2 year old. Good luck!

Hi and welcome to the board!

I definitely agree with axr111 that maybe setting some weekly goals/activities until you can find a routine that works best for you all would be better.  As far as 2-3 year olds go, I only have my own to give you advise about: she's up around 8am, eats lunch at 12:30 and naps around 1:30/2pm for about 2 1/2 hours.  She's her "best" in the mornings so, I schedule all her classes/activities/play dates and run all our errands in the AM and afternoons are for being here at home: playing with her toys, doing little art projects, taking walks, even going to the park.  Good luck!!!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"