Baby Names
Options

To the moms of Adah and Albany Validay:

How did you come up with these original, ridiculously cute names?? If I have a girl I want a name that no one else has, but not completely off the wall. I keep myself up at night juggling names and it's driving me crazy. Our boy name is set already but I'm having so much trouble finding a cute girl name. I liked Bellamy, but my husband hated it. He likes Presley, but I'm not really into it. I also liked Berkley but he said it sounded like a bitchy name. So I'd appreciate any inspiration that you'd like to throw my way!! Thanks!!
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To the moms of Adah and Albany Validay:

• Options

My daughter's name is Adah.  We picked it out of a baby name book at first bc it fit a lot of our criteria (old-fashioned, biblical, no nickname, easy to say and spell) and it quickly became our front-runner.  This evening was the first time we've talked to someone who even knows another Adah. 

One downfall is we hear the names "Ava" and "Aiden" almost everytime we go out, and they are very easy to confuse with Adah.

Try using Nymbler.com, you can put in names you like and it will give you names that are similar.  Some of them are going to be off the wall but you may find some that you like.  Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagepinkylu:

My daughter's name is Adah.  We picked it out of a baby name book at first bc it fit a lot of our criteria (old-fashioned, biblical, no nickname, easy to say and spell) and it quickly became our front-runner.  This evening was the first time we've talked to someone who even knows another Adah. 

One downfall is we hear the names "Ava" and "Aiden" almost everytime we go out, and they are very easy to confuse with Adah.

Try using Nymbler.com, you can put in names you like and it will give you names that are similar.  Some of them are going to be off the wall but you may find some that you like.  Good luck! 

How do you pronounce Adah   Aid-Ah or Add-Ah?

Your daughter is the cutest btw!!!!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about Perry? I LOVE that name, but DH vetoed it...
  • Options
    a2ta2t member

Too funny - if we had another girl I had Bellamy and Berkely on the list...love both of them! Some of the others I liked for a girl: Kambry, Landry, Marlowe, Conley, Tinsley, and Auburn (which we probably would have gone with and MN Laine after DH's grandma's MN, which was Elaine).

For DD's name, I saw Alba in a baby name book and then caught Albany in the list of names related and immediately fell in love with it. I was only looking at "A" names, so that helped me narrow it down more quickly. Her middle name is actually my grandma's maiden name.

But, I feel your pain because now I can't come up with a name I love just as much for our little boy - one that is unique but not ridiculous. I am driving myself insane as well. I love Tannon Everett - but DH doesn't think he likes it. And the other names I like he doesn't either. What is your boy name?   

• Options
    It is pronounced a as in hay-duh.  We used the biblical spelling with an "h" on the end.
  • Options

I like Kambry, Marlowe, and Tinsley! Thanks for all the advice! Our boy name is Griffey Matthew. (My husband is a sports freak and loves Ken Griffey, Jr, and Matthew was DH's dad's name.) I loved Beckett, Parker, and Emmitt...I have a whole list but I'm in the middle of moving and I don't have my notebook here, but I'll list some others when I go back to get it. But thanks for the suggestions, I desperately needed some help!

-Brooke

• Options
    I know two babies named Albany and I live in Albany, NY...
  • Options
    a2ta2t member
    imageblambert98:

I like Kambry, Marlowe, and Tinsley! Thanks for all the advice! Our boy name is Griffey Matthew. (My husband is a sports freak and loves Ken Griffey, Jr, and Matthew was DH's dad's name.) I loved Beckett, Parker, and Emmitt...I have a whole list but I'm in the middle of moving and I don't have my notebook here, but I'll list some others when I go back to get it. But thanks for the suggestions, I desperately needed some help!

-Brooke

Griffey is adorable and original. I've never seen/heard it before. I like Tannon, Turner (kind of wanting to do a "T" name since DH's name starts with a "T"). Also like Porter, Holten, Malone, Sutton/Sutter, Brenham, Rio, and various others. DH likes Chase....too popular for me. Anyway, good luck moving and feel free to share any other names when you find your list. You can PM me or post on here. Thanks!

• Options
    A friend just had a baby girl and named her Marlys - def very different.
  • Options
    NannaNanna member

imageLisa&Mark:
    A friend just had a baby girl and named her Marlys - def very different.

My auntie's name is Marlys! ??

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagea2t:
    imageblambert98:

-Brooke

Griffey is adorable and original. I've never seen/heard it before. I like Tannon, Turner (kind of wanting to do a "T" name since DH's name starts with a "T"). Also like Porter, Holten, Malone, Sutton/Sutter, Brenham, Rio, and various others. DH likes Chase....too popular for me. Anyway, good luck moving and feel free to share any other names when you find your list. You can PM me or post on here. Thanks!

I like the "T" names you have and I think that's such a cute idea. A friend of mine had twin boys and named them Tagg Hudson and Tatum Hill. I always thought those were different and so cute. Oh, and Lane would be cute if you wanted to name him after the Elaine that you know. But I just wanted to tell you about those before I forgot. And yeah, I agree, Chase is pretty common.

I'm going search the FAQs to find out how to PM. :)

-Brooke

• Options
    Another interesting name I just saw was Amerlyn - maybe your style?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"