North Carolina Babies

S/O of coupons, groceries

Where can you find the best prices (in your opinion) on produce?  This is the driving reason behind me shopping at HT because I feel it is better quality than FL, Lowe's or WalMart.  I'd be willing to shop the Farmer's market, but is that any cheaper?

Re: S/O of coupons, groceries

• The Farmer's Market is pretty cheap and of course you can get some great stuff there.

SuperTarget usually has good prices too (for the most part) and their produce is usually good.  I think my Food Lion has pretty good produce most of the time too though.  I guess it just depends on your local store.

• This might make me sound horrible, but I will not buy produce from Wal-Mart. Maybe it is just my Wal-Mart, I don't know, but it is never all that great and it is all picked over and I just feel like it is dirty.  I really don't have time to shop around, but I just do my normal shopping at Lowe's and try to incorporate produce that is on sale into my menu.  

I do go to the Farmer's Market sometimes and we spend about 15 dollars.  I won't buy things like blueberries anywhere else because they are typically around 2.99 for a tiny package at the store but I can get about 5x as much at the Famer's Market for $5. 

You just have to take note of prices all around and figure out how you can take advantage of what is on sale, although what is on sale is generally what is in season and plentiful at the time.  If you get those things you are usually getting the fresher and more local stuff since it is in season and not being grown who knows where. 

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, I have been dying to go to the Farmer's Market and after reading this I think we will have to go soon! For some reason I assumed it would be more expensive to buy produce there.

And honestly, before Maddie, I didn't buy a lot of fresh veggies and fruits b/c I don't like them and DH is fine with frozen Embarrassed. But we buy a ton of it now, especially fruit, so maybe a trip to the Farmer's Market needs to start being a monthly tradition.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Personally,

I used to love Lowe's Foods, but lately- the best deals are at Kroger. Their produce has gone up in quality due to their sales- nothing lays around wilting and the prices are VERY good....  plus they have crazy $1 deals on produce AND packaged food....

I tried doing the double coupon at HT and i think i failed...lol- I got a cart full of stuff but for only about 35% off.... and I felt like I was buying stuff that we don't normally use, so I'm not sure if there was value in doing that.....

• I shop a couple of produce stands....there is one by work that is cheap and quick to stop in after work. 
  • Ditto Kroger, for me... I should shop the Farmers Market more, but I just don't. :-(

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"