North Carolina Babies
Options

Quick newspaper question

I am signing up for the Sunday paper online right now, and it's asking me if I want to include a tip. Do you tip your newspaper delivery person, and if so, how much?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Quick newspaper question

• Options

I don't get delivery, but I'd probably not want to include an automatic tip - I'd rather find a way to give it to them personally if they did a good job, maybe around Christmas or something.

This idea may also be b/c when we DID try the subscription, they'd throw the paper in our grass.  So it'd be soggy.  We called N&O and asked if they could bring us a newspaper mailbox thingie, and when they delivered that, they just threw it in our driveway (so there were misc. pieces everywhere - a pole, bolts, the box, etc. just scattered).  Then, after we installed it, the newspaper was STILL thrown in our lawn.  Idiots.  So needless to say, we cancelled our subscription and just go out every Sunday on our own.  LOL!

• Options

I usually don't. Embarrassed I guess I probably should.

I know in the past, I got a Christmas card from my delivery guy (well, at my old house), and I sent a tip then. I want to say the card even solicited tips. Hmm.  But I don't remember how that worked.

Maybe 15-20% of the subscription fee, or something?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't get the newspaper (yet), but we typically do not tip for services like that... My MIL was appalled that I don't leave a tip for our mail carrier or a Christmas "present."  I personally think that is a thing of the past.  If I did tip anyone, it would be our UPS man because he's a UNC fan and he's awesome...but I wouldn't even know how to get it to him!  I think that's more a thing of the past, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Ok, I decided to wait and see if I like our delivery person first, lol! If we have one like M&M, then no tip! But if they throw it nicely in our driveway every Sunday, I'll figure out a way to get them a Target giftcard or something for Christmas.
  • Options
    Okay you inspired me.  I just signed up for 4 weeks of the Sunday paper.  I didn't put in anything for a tip either.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"