Working Moms

? for those who use in-home daycare

I have met with two ladies who do in-home daycare. They were both referred to me from two of my friends. They both seemed nice, but I didn't get the "wow" feeling from either of them.  Did any of you get that feeling or am I just over-reacting for not feeling great about either of them?

Also, the one has cats. I have never used in-home daycare before--should that worry me?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for those who use in-home daycare

• I got the wow feeling from our provider. I love her and her assistants. They are wonderful.

Our first provider, I was not wowed by... but I felt DD would be safe and well cared for. She was safe, but I pulled her when I became very unhappy with her care (long story).  She was also recommended to me by someone who was wowed by her. I still don't get it, 2 years later.

I'd keep looking... you want to be completely comfortable with your care.

ETA - ours has a cat, and I don't mind at all.  I actually like it b/c DD loves cats but I am highly allergic.

imageimage
  • dpdwdpdw member

I was wow'ed by our in-home provider & knew right away that she was what we wanted - so much so that I booked her on the spot & canceled appointments I had made with 2 other providers.

If you're not wow'ed, I would keep looking.  If you don't find anything better, then you can always go back to them.

As for the cats -- I personally wouldn't use a provider that had pets because pet hair gets everywhere & it would really, really bother me.

• Loading the player...
  • I was wowed with my in home & it still didn't work out. then I was really wowed with my center. I'd keep looking.
  • I would keep looking for a "wow". Our last in-home provider seemed good, but I didn't get the "wow" factor (and we were in a jam- moving on short notice). We ended up pulling DS out of there within 4 months. Our current provider blew me away and I love her more every day at this point!
  • Do you "wow" easily?  Is it your personality to get this feeling?  With the first daycare, I used a lady in my neighborhood becuase I knew her and her children and it felt safe and after 3 months did not like it.  She was a stay at home mom taking my child as an extra money thing.  Not professional, not consistent, not my type of care for DD etc..  But this being my first child, I didn't know what would bother me and what wouldn't until I went through it.  When I found my current inhome , I was referred by a friend and she pointed positive things out to me that I would not have thought of.  Anyways, i was cautious and optimistic about the inhome but not really "wowed."  I think I was hesitant and jaded because the first experience had failed.    Fast forward to 4 years with this lady and she is truly wonderful.  I trust her 100%, she does an excellent job and I am "wowed".     

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"