Alabama Babies

Update on my interesting week

Hi ladies. I have been MIA for about a week now and just wanted to update on some fun events.

Wednesday: Went to dr appt for an ultrasound. We were supposed to be finding out the sex of the baby. That was a no go. Baby's feet and butt are sitting on top of my bladder and apparently using it as a trampoline. To add to the disappointment, they backed my due date up to Christmas Day! Baby is measuring small apparently.

Thursday: I got a text from my MIL that a friend of the guy she has been seeing is interested in our house. (A little background, we have been trying to sell this house off and on for 3 years. We just caught the worst time in the market right now. It isn't listed and we don't even have a sign in the yard. This would with out a doubt be a work of God if it happens) I speak to said interested buyer and she is going to begin working on financing on Friday and we plan for her to come look at the house on Sunday.

Friday-Saturday: I am cleaning like a mad woman. Because of the exhaustion with the pregnancy, I haven't kept my house up the way it should be, at al! Major work to be done. I also came to the sad reality that I can no longer do everything by myself. I can't move heavy things, even if it us just sliding them across the floor. Because of this, I recruit the help of my brother, DH is working. He is a great help and we get most things done. He even cut the grass and power washed the house for me. Such a sweet brother!

Sunday: Trying to finish cleaning and doing the dreaded laundry. I call the intended buyer about what time she was coming out. She couldn't get financing finalized so she isn't coming. She would rather wait until she knows she can move forward. OK. I can deal with that. She said it would take about a week, so i am hoping to hear back from her later this week. Still keeping our fingers crossed and our prayers up that something comes through. Just a little frustrated that she didn't call me on Saturday to give mea a heads up. But oh well, I got nearly everything else ready.

Monday: DH gets off his temp job early to go put in applications at a few places and I rode with him. Afterwards, we decided to start looking around at what is available in rental property since we aren't looking to buy again for a couple of years. We drove around for hours and just enjoyed each others company.

Yesterday: DH and I head to the Infirmary to meet his cousin's husband who is the head of Nuclear Medicine there. He has offered to do ultrasounds for us throughout the pregnancy, no charge! He was going to try to find the sex of the baby for us. We were there for a good 45 mins watching out Little Bit! It was so great. I told him about the back pain I had been having and he noticed a contraction I was apparently having. He said nothing to worry about, just a Braxton Hicks contraction, but it is on the back side of my uterus, which is why my back is hurting me so bad from time to time. Baby was actually laying on top of it with it's back to mine, which is why I am feeling it. Apparently, if baby was laying another way, I prob wouldn't feel it. It gives me hope that as things grow and baby has room to move around in there, this pain will subside. Worst part, we still don't know if our Little Bit is a boy or girl! Baby is sitting way too low. We have to wait another week and a half before we go back to the dr to try again.

Sorry so long, but had some interesting things happen that I wanted to share. Hope everyone is doing well!

Re: Update on my interesting week

• Wow!  That is a busy week!  That stinks that you weren't able to find out the sex of the baby, but hopefully soon : )
  • Wow! You did have a super busy week! Good luck on the house and finding out the sex!
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That really stinks that you are having to wait to find out the sex..hopefully baby'll cooperate a little better next time.  Good luck with the house!
  • you have had a crazy week - hope things work out and get better!!
  • loyo03loyo03 member
    Busy week! Sorry you didn't find out!! Hopefully he/she will decide to show the goods next time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"