Maryland Babies

steamed crabs??

Ok ladies what is the verdict on eating crabs? I am going out to dinner at Fallston Seafood tonight with the inlaws. We always get crabs. Not sure if I can eat them....I know shellfish is ok but I remember hearing from friends in the past that they didn't eat crabs while pregnant.

Re: steamed crabs??

• Yes, you can eat them. I ate lots during both pregnancies. Just dont eat them from the Patapsco River Ick!
  • Crabs are the best dont deny yourself, as long as they are cooked you are good. Ive had them three times in the last few weeks, My mom went into labor with my sister after eating them sadly this has not worked for me.

Enjoy!  

• Loading the player...
  • I've been eating them, so I think your fine.

• You are fine to eat them, although you posted this 2 days ago.  I went to a crab feast not long ago, although I didn't eat more than 3 crabs.  What is a summer in Maryland without crabs???  Is it even summer???  Wink
  • see everyone else says its fine but my doctor said not to eat more than a palm full a week..im so confused...
  • imageGreenEyes05:
    see everyone else says its fine but my doctor said not to eat more than a palm full a week..im so confused...

Honestly, all docs are different.  My doc said anything in moderation.  A palm full is a good amount when you think of taking all of the meat out of the crab. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"