Two Under 2

If DC#2 is same gender as DC#1

And DC#1 will be moving to a different bedroom, will you be keeping the same bedding/decor for DC#2 that you had with DC#1 or get new bedding/look for the room?  I'm torn between wanting to save money and use DD's bedding for DD#2 (DD#1 is moving to a toddler bed so we'll be getting her new stuff) and save money or redecorate DD#1 present nursery for DD#2 - new bedding, decorations.  I kinda feel like DD#2 should have her own "look" to the room so she's not already getting only what DD#1 had but I think this is a bit silly from a $ standpoint when DD#2 won't know the difference.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If DC#2 is same gender as DC#1

• If they hadn't shared rooms I would have changed the room for #2
    Wedding 6.18.04 Cole 11.20.06 Gavin 3.31.08 Parker 07.15.10 Logan 04.03.12
  • We never moved DD#1 out of her room. We decorated a new room for DD#2.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • NannaNanna member
    DS#2 will be moving in to the nursery we had for DS#1. ?No changes. ?DS#1 is getting a new room. ?I think it's stupid to waste the time, effort and money on redoing a room that is perfect the way it is already. ?DS#2 is going to have to learn that hand-me-downs are a way of life from the get go. ?
    imageimageimage
  • If we have another boy, we will move DS1 to another room and keep almost all of the decor in the nursery the same. The only change is a quote we have on the wall that has DS1's name in it. We'd need to find a new quote appropriate for DS2.

DS2 will have no clue it's hand-me-down stuff, and since it's pale blue and chocolate, it's very nursery-appropriate, and we could do something more little-boy-appropriate for DS1's new room. 

• I made a new nursery for DS #2.

Selfishly I wanted all new memories with the new baby.

Had I put the baby in the first child's room I would have been up all night nursing in the same room as the first and I was afraid those memories would run together.

With a new room for #2 I never confuse the middle of the night rocking/nursing/pacing the floor memories between the 2 kids.

But... both of the rooms are not "baby".  One is realistic under water scene and the other is realistic mural of a safari scene complete with a real tree branch hung from the ceiling.

Both rooms should grow with them until at least the end of elementary school.

If the first had been a really "baby" themed nursery I might have put the new baby in the existing nursery and made a more mature type room just for practicality's sake. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • We made a new nursery for DS#2, and DS#1 will stay in his own room.
  • We don't use the bumpers or blankets that come with bedding sets, so I just bought new sheets instead of a whole set. The nursery is painted blue and we weren't repainting, so I just changed up the bedding and accessories. When DS1 was in the nursery, the accessories and bedding were blue and green. Now that DS2 is in the nursery, the accessories and bedding are blue and brown. Buying new sheets, bins, etc with brown accents really changed the look of the room and was not expensive at all.
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:
    We never moved DD#1 out of her room. We decorated a new room for DD#2.
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:
    We never moved DD#1 out of her room. We decorated a new room for DD#2.

Ditto.

• I don't know the gender of DC2 but I am using the same bedding regardless of gender. I can't justify spending any money on crib bedding. DSs room is currently a Jungle Theme and green and yellow so it not like a total boy room. They will also be sharing this room for now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD2 is going in our gender neutral nursery and DD1 is moving across the hall into a pink room with a new cherry crib.  I'm not buying a whole new set of bedding though.  We're trying to just conserve money at this point.  Don't think either of them will ever really remember their rooms when they were that little, so it seems like it would be more for you than the girls. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"