Pregnant after 35
Options

Had to go into work today ....

So they had a few management meetings that they "politely" asked me to attend.  I said ok as I thought it would just be for an hour or two and I thought i'd be ok.  HA!  Boy was I wrong!  First of all, the meeting(s) lasted for 2hrs and the other for 3hrs.  I thought I was going to just die.  I just don't know how in the world I'm going to leave LO w/ my mom for a full 8 hrs a day when I go back to work.  I missed him terribly today.  At one point, I even had to go into the bathroom to cry. 

It's an unbelievable feeling this unconditional love you have for your child.  I heard other mothers tell me about it and now I know how it really feels.  It feels absolutely wonderful! Big Smile

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Had to go into work today ....

• Options

awww  <3.   Its so hard to leave them when they are little.   When my first was 8 months old, we finally decided to do an adult trip for 2 days to Las Vegas to attend my best friends wedding.   I ended up sobbing in my hotel room by the second day lol.

It sucks your 2 hour favor ended up being 5.

• Options
    I imagine the feeling must be overwhelming!  I remember when my nephew was born ten years ago how much incredible love I felt for him and I thought to myself - as much in love as I was with him, that I knew I would love my own little one even more and that just didn't seem possible to me!  How fortunate for you that you can at least leave your little man with family when you do return to work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's a long day, considering... even without being sad for not being around your son. It's hard to work and be a mom. But I guess you'll find your way and eventually it will get easier. (((HUG)))

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    ugh. So sorry that you had a more extended day at work than expected. I am not looking forward when I have to go back to work after the baby.
  • Options
    Oh wow, that sux that it ended up being so much longer than planned. I would probably be sobbing too. No good deed goes unpunished.
  • Options

I've had to go into work several times since giving birth but thankfully not for meetings like you. I am sorry you had to go in while you are still off and for so long! I go back to work on Tuesday and I am dreading it. You will probably have to wipe me up off the floor in my puddle of tears. Crying

I never imagined feeling the amount of love that I do for my baby. I wouldn't change it for the world!!

• Options
    I can't believe you went back to work already, even for a day.  I am not sure I am going to be able to go when the time comes in eight more weeks. So glad that you are enjoying motherhood!
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options
    Yuck for big meetings!  I don't think I could do it that soon, Especially not for that kind of time.  
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Thanks ladies for your nice words.....it was truly much harder than I thought.  Now, of course, I'm dreading going back to work full time in a few weeks...UGH!

But I have to admit that I am (we are) really truly blessed to have my parents live close by to take care of LO.  I would never be able to do it otherwise.

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"