Baby Showers

Cheesy??

Since our shower is coed, my hostess thought that we could do a little something extra in addition to the few games we will play.

She would like to put everyone who has RSVP'd to the shower name in baby bottle bank (which I already have) and every 30 mins or so draw a name and that person wins a scratcher lottery ticket. (she wanted to do $5 gift cards but that would cost too much) The scratchers cost $1 and she would only have to buy about 6 of them.

If you were a guest at my shower would you think this was cheesy??

I use to work for this company and my dept was small about 10 people, one of the girls use to buy scratchers for everyone in the dept from time to time, we use to get all excited when she would hand them out. I even won $10 one time!! (I just cashed it in and bought some more scratchers for the dept)

Re: Cheesy??

• Sounds good to me.  There were lottery tickets involved at my DD's shower.  She only had 6 people RSVP?  Wow.
  • I think that is an absolutely fabulous idea! I am going to pass it on to my shower hosts!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehopefulmom:
    Sounds good to me.  There were lottery tickets involved at my DD's shower.  She only had 6 people RSVP?  Wow.

Not everyone who RSVPs gets a scratcher. Its a drawing - every 30 min. So there will only be 6 "winners"...

• imagehopefulmom:
    Sounds good to me.  There were lottery tickets involved at my DD's shower.  She only had 6 people RSVP?  Wow.

No, we have about 50 people RSVP (of course we had to call some of these people to get the RSVP) but we will enter all of their names into a drawing and just pull names every 30 mins. (another thing she said is that the winner must be present, because she knows that some who has RSVP may not show up)

Yea!! I will tell her it's a go - I am a little excited about this now.. I remember how much fun it was when we would get out scratchers!!

• Oh...ok...now I understand.  I think it is a great idea and people will love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"