Two Under 2

Mama Jan

So how have your 1st days on your own been?  I'm very curious.

Re: Mama Jan

• Hey!  Thanks for checking in!  Yesterday was ok.  The morning was much smoother than the afternoon.  Caleb decided it was a good day to skip his morning nap Tongue Tied  We had lunch and hung out at my parents' until he was falling apart tired by 1pm (his second nap is usually at 3).  Since he went down so early, he was up by 3 which meant we had an extra 2 hours to fill before DH got home.

We were both exhausted and bored and frustrated by dinner time.  At one point, he would just walk into the kitchen, look at me and throw himself on the ground crying because he was bored.  I wore Asher most of the day since he won't let me put him down.

BUT... I showered before anyone was up, I managed to do two loads of laundry, make dinner and mop the kitchen floor.

Today, we walked to the grocery store and Starbcuks after breakfast (I showered before anyone was up again), Caleb is napping like he should and Asher is sleeping in the Bjorn.  All is quiet and calm right now!  Big Smile  We are going to the mall to hang out with my mom later this afternoon and hopefully his afternoon nap will go well.

Overall... not too terrible.  We're getting into a routine.  I'm feeling less stressed about going places.  I just need Caleb to learn to listen when I tell him he can only play in our driveway and not on the sidewalk!!

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageMama Jan:

BUT... I showered before anyone was up, I managed to do two loads of laundry, make dinner and mop the kitchen floor.

Today, we walked to the grocery store and Starbcuks after breakfast (I showered before anyone was up again), Caleb is napping like he should and Asher is sleeping in the Bjorn.  All is quiet and calm right now!  Big Smile  We are going to the mall to hang out with my mom later this afternoon and hopefully his afternoon nap will go well.

WOW!  you are my hero.  I only have ONE 8 month old and i haven't mopped in over a year :)  And i'm so jealous your mom lives so close...mine is 2 hrs away and sick and my MIL is an hour away :(  At least i'm lucky to have great friends that help me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"