Alaska Babies

? about when your LO is going to sleep for the night

This is going to seem like a weird question, but does your LO do all sorts of "bedtime gymnastics"?  Lately DD won't let me rock her or snuggle her to sleep at night.  Naps are still fine, but when it's time to go down for the night she wiggles & squirms all over the bed.  I almost have to wonder if she has restless leg syndrome or something.  It's like she cannot get comfortable.  Is this normal?  Anything I can try to get her to settle down a little easier?

Re: ? about when your LO is going to sleep for the night

• This is the story of my life- at least for the last month or so. DS is a really good napper as long as I get him down as soon as he shows signs of sleepiness. With bedtime- completely different story. I have completely cut out all sugar (because I kept thinking he must be wound up from something in my diet) but since cutting out sugar, he acts exactly the same. I think it is pretty typical for this age... they would rather be active than be still and they don't want to miss anything. Not quite sure why naps are different? I am interested to see what everyone else says.

• Will you hate me if I tell you it will probably get worse?  DD flips around like a fish for an hour before she goes to sleep.  It's taxing.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Loading the player...
  • imagemoroccojade:
    Will you hate me if I tell you it will probably get worse?  DD flips around like a fish for an hour before she goes to sleep.  It's taxing.

Nooooooooooo!Crying

• imageDaniel's Mama:

imagemoroccojade:
    Will you hate me if I tell you it will probably get worse?  DD flips around like a fish for an hour before she goes to sleep.  It's taxing.

Nooooooooooo!Crying

Yep.  And she wants one of us to be *right there* with her the ENTIRE time.  We can't just get up an leave, because she'll get up, too, and follow us.    Then we'll have to start right from the beginning.  It took an hour an a half last night.   Crying  Crying  Crying   DH and I took shifts.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• imagemoroccojade:
    imageDaniel's Mama:

imagemoroccojade:

Nooooooooooo!Crying

Yep.  And she wants one of us to be *right there* with her the ENTIRE time.  We can't just get up an leave, because she'll get up, too, and follow us.    Then we'll have to start right from the beginning.  It took an hour an a half last night.   Crying  Crying  Crying   DH and I took shifts.

Here, too. :(

• Oh dear...

At least it's perfectly normal though I guess.  *sigh*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"