Working Moms

Interview Outfit for a Pregnant Mama?

I'm hoping you ladies can help me out, because I'm thoroughly stuck.

I have a job interview on Thursday for a position in research administration at a major university.  I'd love to work there, the job sounds great.  But I have nothing to wear.  I'm five and a half months pregnant, which means my usual wardrobe is pretty much useless.  I have some clothes from my previous pregnancy, but last time I was this pregnant, it was December.

If you had, say, $200, and needed ONE outfit that you could interview in, where would you go?

Re: Interview Outfit for a Pregnant Mama?

• With a $200 budget, I'd probably buy a suit. Or a nice dress to wear with a jacket.
  • With a $200 budget, I'd probably buy a suit. Or a nice dress to wear with a jacket.

So I hope to do.  But where do I find one?

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry ... check out figure8maternity.com, jcp.com (under dresses and skirts) and motherhood.com (they have a whole suiting section). 

Good luck (with the shopping and the interivew)!

• Darn it ... my reading comprehension is bad.  Thursday is awfully soon for on-line.  I don't think JCP has too much maternity in the stores, but that's worth a shot.  Do you have a Motherhood Maternity store in your area?  Check there.  Many department stores have at least small maternity sections.
  • I don't know if you have started looking yet, but if you have, I feel your pain.  I had to buy a suit when I was 7 mos pregnant with DS, and I had a horrible time.  Aren't there pregnant women who have to wear a suit every day?  And exactly what situation are you in that you need to wear a suit, but it is cool if said suit has a big bow under your boobs?  Unless they tiny and on cute pumps, bows are generally not part of a professional wardrobe.

Anyway, I ended up finding one that was okay at A Pea in the Pod.  I wouldn't say I was in love with it or anything, and pants, shirt, and jacket did cost close to $200.  I do love the "secret fit belly" though, and I still wear those pants and shirt ALL of the time. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"