Illinois Babies
Options

AVG Daycare costs?

Hello all!

DH and I are going to start TTC when he gets a new job (our plans were pu on hold when he was laid off last month).

Since we will most lilkely need both of our salaries, we are trying to budget for daycare costs.

What is the average FT daycare cost you have seen? Is in-home daycare much cheaper?

TIA!!

Re: AVG Daycare costs?

• Options

We will be paying 1700 a month for a daycare/preschool near our home. The rates go down a couple hundred a month as LO gets older.

We had looked into home daycare as it was much cheaper but could not find one that we were comfortable with. The biggest drawback was having to rely on one person which would mean coordinating our schedules around their illnesses, vacations, etc. Friends with LOs in home daycare report paying 200-400 a week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The one I used to work in, for the infant room, was close to $1000 a month. Don't know about in-home daycares, but I believe that's not far off what other places charge round here also (Lake County).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you!

• Options
    DD is in a daycare now that is 123.00 a week, she is there 2 days a week. We are switching her though, to in home daycare and she charges 40/day.
  • Options
    We will be paying $45 a day for 8.5 hours at an in home daycare. ?I have a friend who is paying $10 per hour at in home daycare.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"