Philadelphia Babies

Baby Shower Location

My sister offered to throw me a baby shower, but she's not from this area and I dont have any local friends/ family with homes large enough to accommodate a shower so she needs help finding a location to have the shower at. Any recommendations?

Heres the criteria she's trying to meet if possible: fairly casual location, must accommodate about 30+ people, preferably near the PA Turnpike (many guests from my hometown in Central PA will be invited), affordably priced ($20 or less pp) or a venue where you can bring your own food. Thank you greatly!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Shower Location

• Look into fire companies, they usually have community rooms that they will rent out.  We had mine at the West Whiteland fire company in Exton.

BTW, where are you from in Central PA?  I'm from Selinsgrove...;0)

• Thanks for the suggestion. Ill check out the West Whiteland fire company. Do you remember if the room came with basic items like tables/chairs etc?  Unfortunately, Im finding that by the time you pay a rental fee and purchase/rent all the accessories (table clothes, plates, decorations etc) its a very similar price to a casual restaurant.

And....I grew up in Mechanicsburg. The low cost of living and free babysitting offered by my mom keeps enticing me to go back, but Im so comfortable here now, I dont know if Ill ever make the leap!  

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I work in Harrisburg and my mom keeps wanting us to move back to Selinsgrove.  We'll see...;0)

They do offer you the tables and chairs and the kitchen.  My SIL knew one of the township cops so we got the room free and she works for a restuarant in West Chester that caters so they got the food cheap.  But you could easily do it on the cheap side making salads, sandwiches or pastas that you keep warm in the oven.

Good luck!  (oh, I'm on my work computer and my co-worker is on the knot so sometimes our sign in names get confused which is why I posted with her name the first time...)

• kat523kat523 member
    PJ Whelihans offers space for less than $20/pp and it is a very relaxed and private atmosphere.  It is close to the turnpike, too:)  Good luck!
  • The Valley Green Inn is $14.95 a person AND The Venetian Club in Chestnut Hill is only $400 to rent; they let you bring your own food. Might charge you for drinks, like a firehall. You could also try some Vineyards. Also, some Mummers String Bands have Halls and Clubhouses you could rent.
  • I just sent my friend this list of String bands that have halls/clubhouses:

Aqua String Band

4624 Richmond Street Philly 19137 Call

Ed Fetscher 215-831-8709 or email [email protected]

Avalon String Band
    contact banquet manager Jim Ervin
    at 215-334-7898, or email us at [email protected]

Broomall String Band Clubhouse
    522 Hessian Avenue
    National Park, NJ 08063
    856-845-0394

Fralinger String Band
    1901-03 South Third Street (3rd & Mifflin Sts.) in Philadelphia
    Bill Shultz

Greater Kesington
    215-624-9404
    email:  [email protected]

Greater Overbrook
    484-452-6003

E-mail [email protected]

South Philadeldephia Donaghy Hall 2820 Porter Street
    For Details Call
    1-800-289-0775
    or Email:
    [email protected]

Trilby String Band
    Joseph F.,Burke Memorial Hall
    2624 Haworth St.
    Philadelphia,Pa 19137
      (215)-537-1959

Woodland String Band clubhouse 2041-45 S. Third St. in Philadelphia PA
    To rent the club, call 215-468-9689 or email at: [email protected]

• Thanks for the ideas. I hadnt thought of the mummers places, but unfortunately anywhere in Philly is just a bit too far for most out of town guests to drive. Im trying to find places close to the turnpike in maybe Exton or KoP or somewhere like that that would be fast and easy for central PA people to get to.
  • How about a clubhouse? My community has one for residents to rent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"