1st Trimester

Silly question about hospital gown...

I have my first OB appt. Tuesday. Do you put the hospital gown on to open in the back or front??  Lol

Re: Silly question about hospital gown...

• back.  If they put you into a gown at all...
  • witogawitoga member
    ditto pp, back...but I have never worn a gown at an OB appt - ??
  • Loading the player...
  • I doubt you'll wear a gown, if they are doing a transvaginal u/s they usually ask you to take everything off from the waste down and drape a blanket/sheet over your lap. ?Just like a routine exam at the gyn.?
  • The opening goes in the back. The midwife did not have an issue with that.

• Generally the gown opens in the back, but my doc was good about telling me when it had to be on in the front. I think that was only once or twice.

?

• I thought about it a little more and realized any time they ever put me in a gown the nurse would tell me "Opening in the front, drape sheet over lap" before she left the room. ?So I'm sure they will tell you.?
  • I'm jealous you get a gown!  we only get those goofy paper sheets that cover nothing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemickey1330:
    I'm jealous you get a gown!  we only get those goofy paper sheets that cover nothing!
    This is exactly what I get! I feel like I am wearing a napkin and good god they don't cover anything. I do always wear these with the opening in the front so she can easily do a breast exam
  • imagekellybellybean:
    My OB always wants me to put it on with the opening in the front, so that she can easily do breast exams and feel around my tummy.

This.  And at your first appt., unless your yearly was very recently, you will have to wear a gown because they'll do your annual as well (pap and breast exam).

• When I go in for just an u/s, I undress from the waist down and have a sheet to cover my legs.

When I go to the OB for my yearly exam, I undress totally and wear the gown with the opening in the front. That allows palpation of the abdomen and a breast exam.

• I don't know why people are saying the back. At my clinic, the doctor does a full physical (including a breast exam) so if your doctor wants to do that, you will need to have it open at the front. Don't worry about it- they'll tell you at the appointment what they want!
  • I'm pretty sure the nurse has always told me before she leaves the room which way the opening needs to go.  I just can't remember which it is now!
  • They always told me the back
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When you go to the OB, IF they put a gown on you it goes in the front so they can do a breast exam. That's the only reason why they would put a gown on you.
  • I always get a full exam at the beginning of every pregnancy so I do need a gown. It's open in the front so they can check my ta-ta's and feel my stomach.
  • I've always worn it with the opening in the back.  Even when I get a full physical.  They should tell you and if they don't and you are still wondering, just ask.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekellybellybean:
    My OB always wants me to put it on with the opening in the front, so that she can easily do breast exams and feel around my tummy.

Ditto this (For regular OB/GYN appointments)

Baby #3 is on the way! EDD  3/8/15
    DD1--8/29/10
    DD2--11/6/12

• They've always told me open in the front and drape the sheet over my lap. How can they examine your breasts and stomach if it's only open in the back??

I'm sure when you go for the appointment they'll tell you which way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"