Pennsylvania Babies

Poll: What do you think makes you/will make you a good mom?

DH and I were talking last night about how much we focus on the challenges of parenting, so we decided to talk about each of our strengths as parents and it was so nice to talk about!

So...what do you think are your strengths as a parent? 

Re: Poll: What do you think makes you/will make you a good mom?

• I'm usually pretty patient, although the Playhouse Cafe girls might not see that quality too often. And I think I'm pretty fair with what he's allowed and not allowed to do. And honestly, I never even saw myself having a child, so the fact that I can change diapers and chase after a toddler amazes most of my friends!

But you asked the question, so you have to answer it too!

• I think I have alot of patience. I am a pretty laid back person. Plus I LOVE the job...it is the greatest thing in the world to be a mom. I couldnt've asked for a better gig.
  • Loading the player...
  • All yet to be tested, but here 'goes: My stick-to-it-iveness (won't give up when it gets hard) and the well-grounded perspective I've gained by watching/learning what I like and don't like in other parents/children, including my own upbringing.
  • I never thought I'd say this a year ago, but working makes me a better mom. I feel like the way I'm balancing my career and family is setting a good example for my daughter about honoring the needs of everyone in the family.

I also think I'm doing a good job learning how to uniquely parent the child that I have. There were a lot of things I would do and ways I thought I would do them, but I've found I've had to tailor it all the the personality Susanna has and what works for her. I've become really in tune with predicting her limits before she hits them to avoid meltdowns, even if it doesn't fit my plans or desires.

I really had to go outside of my comfort zone to help her learn to sleep but it has really paid off and she's become an awesome sleeper. I guess in a lot of ways what I've done well is let go of having to control everything!

• I'm a very patient person, and I don't give up easily. Being a mom is hard work, and sometimes it can get frustrating, but these qualities are what get me through the tough times!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well if you asked me this question a couple days ago, I wouldn't have an answer since I thought I was a terrible mother for my recent breast feeding decision.  I'm still beating myself up about it but I know it was the right decision for my family. I've always been a family oriented person and spending time with family is SO important to me.  I love family traditions and I plan to have lots of them so I can be close to my children all throughout life.  
  • So far being determined and having a positive attitude have helped us get through some of the tough spots.  I've been more patient than I thought I would be.  Overall, though, I think being a team with DH is the biggest one.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKellyND04:

I never thought I'd say this a year ago, but working makes me a better mom. I feel like the way I'm balancing my career and family is setting a good example for my daughter about honoring the needs of everyone in the family.

Thank you for writing this. I'll be going back to work in August and am having serious anxiety! This makes me feel better.

That being said, I think I'm a good mom because I've happily changed everything about the way I live my life to make my daughter happy. I've never worked harder or been more tired and been completely happy and content.

Also, watching my husband become a father has made me fall in love with him all over again. Being a mother has made me become a better wife.

• imageEmmy323:
    imageKellyND04:

I never thought I'd say this a year ago, but working makes me a better mom. I feel like the way I'm balancing my career and family is setting a good example for my daughter about honoring the needs of everyone in the family.

Thank you for writing this. I'll be going back to work in August and am having serious anxiety! This makes me feel better.

That being said, I think I'm a good mom because I've happily changed everything about the way I live my life to make my daughter happy. I've never worked harder or been more tired and been completely happy and content.

Also, watching my husband become a father has made me fall in love with him all over again. Being a mother has made me become a better wife.

I completely agree with all of this.  Great way to put it all Kelly & Emily!

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I'm pretty patient. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"